Time limit for newbs??!??!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time limit for newbs??!??!?

Just curious as to why I'm required to "re-login" after a while.
    No biggy. I'll do what's required and abide by the rules set within JCF.
    Cheers.
    G.

Click the box that says "remember password".

If you clear your internet settings and cookies, you have to do it over again.

Comment

Perhaps you misunderstood me. Probably more so that I wasn't specific enough. Silly me.

What I mean is, for example; I'm perusing through the first few pages of a search and then when I go to the next page, a login window comes up. I type in my info, and then everything is back on track.

Sometimes after reading a number of posts, I'll type out a reply to a thread, click to submit it,, and a login window comes up. this happens mostly when I use the "post reply" procedure rather than the "quick reply" one.

BTW. Perhaps it's the settings in JCF; I don't know, but clicking on the "remember me" box won't work for me. I have to type in my login info each time I visit.
      Thanks.
      G.

Comment

It's definitely not JCF settings - it sounds to me like your browser is dropping the login cookie, possibly due to some type of Internet Security software or perhaps your browser places a time limit on cookies TTL (time to live).
        You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
        You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
        --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
        --horns666 - 12/29/08
        I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
        --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Everytime you search for "ESP" on the JCF, your login status gets booted.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Click the box that says "remember password".

If you clear your internet settings and cookies, you have to do it over again.
            +1 to what Don said. That's the only time I've ever encountered that.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Are you using a non-standard browser? Are all of the latest updates applied?

I never had that issue. I'm using Win2000 and IE6 on one computer and WinXP and IE7 on another.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                :ROTF:

Comment

Are you using a non-standard browser? Are all of the latest updates applied?....
                  I'm on an Apple and I primarily use Camino. {Mozilla Firefox for Macs.} It's regularly updated. I also use Mac's own Safari on occasion as well.

...... I never had that issue. I'm using Win2000 and IE6 on one computer and WinXP and IE7 on another.
                  I'm on two other forums and I've not experienced any of these kinds of issues with them unless they were doing some upgrades to their sites. Hmmmmm..........Perhaps I'll go on Safari and see if JCF will work normally on there.

Be right back!
                  G.............

***Not so NINJA EDIT***
                  Well, I've been logged in for almost 2 hours now with zero issues. However, I'm using the Safari server.

Guess Camino is going to be updating soon. Seems I experience these issues and then I get a Camino update shortly after. It's all good now, so long as I login using Safari.
                  Thanks.
                  G.
                  Last edited by GinSonic; 06-28-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I have no issues with Firefox 3 or Safari with the forum, I've fired Camino up to see if I can replicate your issue.
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Camino has worked fine for me for an hour now. I'm using Version 1.6.1 (1.8.1.14 2008051211)
                      Try running Disc utility and fixing permissions just in case there are some permission errors.
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Is there some sort of security setting that clears out cookies after a certain time period? That could be doing it.
                          Scott

Comment

I had the same thing happening to me , when ,I would open a second window for photobucket (to copy a link) ,then after writting my entire post it would tell me ------- I had to re login (losing my post ((which is truly frustrating if you type slowly))

however this seems to have gone away for me

good luck
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

It happens to me also, especially when I am ready to post. I am using firefox. if I don't want to lose what I have typed I open a new window, refresh, and re-login if necessary, before I lose my post, then post the original

Comment

Working...
                              X