Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox

I'm not a Microsoft hater by any means, but if you guys haven't tried Firefox 3 yet, I highly suggest it. Loving it so far. Sucker's even got a spellchecker in it!

Loads much faster, much smoother than IE7 too. I only had Google toolbar on IE7, no other garbage, and just to launch it took 4 seconds or so...with my machine being pretty fast, that drove me nuts.

Choose from Desktop, iOS, Android, or let us email you a mobile download link.

Vass

+1
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Firefox 2 had a spellchecker too, but they are both add-ons. While the new one apparently launches faster and runs a bit smoother and with less CPU usage, but I'm giving it about a month or so for any bugs to creep up before updating. The main complaints I've read so far are interface ones.

Comment

just updated from 2 to 3...
        so far so good
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

I brought this up in another thread, but I'll ask here too: Do any of you have a problem with blurry text in FF? Even after upgrading to FF3 (which is supposed to have better text rendering) the text gives me a headache, especially on forums. I like the speed, features & plugins, but I rarely use it because of the text issue. Googling so far, I only find mentions of the issue & fixes for Linux, but I'm running XP.

Comment

what's that dg?
            I can't read your post... too blurry.

LOL

No, actually, it looks the same on my screen as I.E... but I'm running vista
            --floydkramer

Comment

I'm waiting to update to FF3.0 when all of my plugins get 3.0 compatibility.

Switching to a version of FF without all of my plugins right now, would SUCK!

They're such an integral part of my FF experience.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'll post a screencap of what I see in FF3. The text is much blurrier for me than in IE, and it gets really bad when scrolling. I never realized how much I actually read when scrolling until I couldn't do it.

Comment

eek!
                  That would give me a headache too!
                  --floydkramer

Comment

You can into tools, options, content and adjust FF's font size and such.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I've messed around with it a little. I bumped the size up & switched fonts & it helped a bit.

Comment

Looks like some kind of "font smoothing" which IMHO sucks the wazoo.
                        See if there is some kind of smoothing setting - Vista comes standard with this crap enabled.
                        You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                        You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                        --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                        --horns666 - 12/29/08
                        I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                        --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

That was it, Joel! I didn't have ClearType enabled. I don't like it for some things, but it fixed FF right up. I'll probably just use ClearType when I browse with FF. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!
                            According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                            X