Hmmmm. For you music buffs: VINNIE MOORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm. For you music buffs: VINNIE MOORE

So I was in the mood for some tasteful shred and busted out Vinnie Moore's Meltdown, which had been collecting dust for quite some time.

then the song Check It Out started playing and in the middle my jaw just dropped to the floor. But not for the reason you might think.

There's a pretty melodic section in the middle and BEAT ME WITH A CATTLEPROD, but I've heard the EXACT same thing in another song by someone else. I'm not talking a 1.5 second lick here, I'm talking an entire section.

Now I'm pretty sure the other song I heard it in was 'newer' than Meltdown, the way I have it in my head, it sounds like a complete rip-off.

The only thing I can't remember is what the other song was where I heard it in too.

Was this song a cover of some sort? If so, I'm ignorant and will go crawl in a ditch somewhere. If Not, help me look for the song!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

It's pretty much the melodic theme to the entire song

It happens, among other times at:

1m16-1m33
    2m06-2m22

Etc...
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Not sure, I'll listen to it when I get home since I don't know which song that is from the title.

Comment

Not sure either, however, I noticed the same thing with TNT's "Sapphire". Later it turned out to be a Mozart(?) piece.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I do remember that this tune had some mean riffs... one was kinda similar to Skid Row's "Monkey Buisness" main riff's ending part
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

its neoclassical music/....i'm pretty sure a good portion of its copied, just ask yngwie.....

Comment

I love the way he puts three Bach pieces into his album and then goes "All Music by Yngwie Malmsteen"
              - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                its neoclassical music
                nah... that tune is blues based rock with some diatonic melodies... now that I listened to it again.... that melody that GOR mentioned has been used a lot for decades in popular music.... with slight variations of course... a lot of vocal melodies in 60's hippie music... todays r'n'b... whatever... it's a pretty common theme...
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                X