No announcement yet.

What happens to some of the greats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, Randy struggled with the stardom aspect, he actually didn't care for it at all.
    Randy viewed himself as a writer/musician and the star aspect wasn't his bag.
    I mean really? The man was gonna leave the fame and money of rock n roll to do classical work. Sounds like to me, Randy was very grounded and knew exactly what he wanted and the rock n roll stardom life wasn't for him.

Remember, Randy was very uncomfortable with releasing "Diary" because he felt the writing could've been much better but the record label and Ozzy rushed it out.
    A rock guitarist that cared more about the quality of writing and production of it,
    then rushing it out the door? That speaks volumes to me.
    Indeed Randy was the exception and a true rarity.
    When Randy died in the Plane crash he definitely wasn't looking for a way out, that way.

Ozzy already agreed at the end of the Diary tour to let him go pursue personal stuff,
    but begged him to NOT leave the band permanently. Thats also the time when Quiet Riot's singer long time personal friend of Randy, started pursuing him to come back to Quiet Riot. To both camps (Ozzy and Quiet Riot) Randy was clear, that he wanted for the time being, pursue his classical work. We know the rest, he never saw the end of the "Diary" tour.
    Last edited by Soap; 07-02-2008, 08:01 PM.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
      I am a huge RR fan and read he saw things that really disagreed with his beliefs
      Good point, I remember that as well.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

That lifestyle looks great from the outside and is fun for a short time but eventually it kills you or you get free from it. Im sure the booze and meth has hurt EVHs skills and creativity. One could only imagine how great he would be if he never touched the junk.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
          That lifestyle looks great from the outside and is fun for a short time but eventually it kills you or you get free from it. Im sure the booze and meth has hurt EVHs skills and creativity. One could only imagine how great he would be if he never touched the junk.
          ed was using meth?
          i thought he was a boozer/coker? wonder what he was on during the recording of the first record??? LOL!!!
          I have to admit that sometimes i dont feel 100% and get tempted to use OC's to get over it
          I had a real bad addiction to these and it took me 3 months off of them just to feel normal again
          almost lost my spot in the band and did lose the lady
          I started to get real friggin psycho on those things and they still haunt/tempt me
          strong drug man
          Last edited by savage; 07-03-2008, 07:47 AM.
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Lots of artists have depression or bipolar disease and struggle with it while they're also struggling to make it.

With all the bullshit, starvation, etc... of a struggling musician, I bet many think "If I can just make it in music it will all be okay". Then they DO make it and their problems don't just go away. That can deepen the depression and they turn to more drugs and alcohol to cope...

Some of us are just better able to deal with things than others are. When it comes to your mental health, people who've shared the problem understand it, and those who haven't typically don't know why you can't just snap out of it. It hapens in all walks of life, we just notice it more when it's someone famous.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
              Lots of artists have depression or bipolar disease and struggle with it while they're also struggling to make it.

With all the bullshit, starvation, etc... of a struggling musician, I bet many think "If I can just make it in music it will all be okay". Then they DO make it and their problems don't just go away. That can deepen the depression and they turn to more drugs and alcohol to cope...

Some of us are just better able to deal with things than others are. When it comes to your mental health, people who've shared the problem understand it, and those who haven't typically don't know why you can't just snap out of it. It hapens in all walks of life, we just notice it more when it's someone famous.
              well friggin said
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
              X