Family Problems:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of my fav solos

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      Steve Stevens is fucking amazing guitarist and songwriter and he has one of the best live guitar tones ever.

I love Yngwie but Steve is much more versatile player and better writer.

Steve did some of the coolest rock guitar work I've heard on Vince Neil's debut album

also Steve did 2 albums with Terry Bozzio and Tony Levin.... two one of the most influental and unique musicians out there.... they wouldn't have played with Steve if he isn't that good. Awesome albums wich cover all kinds of stuff from rock to jazz fusion, from prog to latin

besides Steve has probably the best hair out of all the guitarists
      Yep..but I wouldn't care if he were bald..he rules!

That entire "exposed" cd is awesome..one of the best guitar tones ever recorded IMO!

I'm into heavier style these days but SS is underatted! His Flaminco stuff is insane!

I have the Black Light Syndrome cds..or whatever they're called. Totally off the cuff and some truly kick ass moments!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Steve Stevens rips. Always thought that somehow playing with Idol relegated him to "sideshow virtuoso", but I am aware he's done tons of other stuff.

I still don't know what effect he used in the "Rebel Yell" solo, and maybe I don't want to know. Whatever it was, I still love hearing it, 1000x on.

Vass

Comment

I thought it was a kids toy raygun held up to the pickup.

IIRC, thats how he does it now.

I always thought it was a harmonic (don't know if that's the right term) caused by tapping the side of the pick on the strings close to the neck side of the bridge pickup. But I could never get it to sound right.

Then I think I read about the raygun thing. That made sense.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            I thought it was a kids toy raygun held up to the pickup.

IIRC, thats how he does it now.

I always thought it was a harmonic (don't know if that's the right term) caused by tapping the side of the pick on the strings close to the neck side of the bridge pickup. But I could never get it to sound right.

Then I think I read about the raygun thing. That made sense.
            You are correct, sir. Checkit:

Video of him explaining the raygun.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              . It was good.

Didn't he also play on Vince Neils first Solo CD? The one with You're Invited But Your Friend Can't Come?

A damned good LP, some great playing on there. Recommended.

Oh, and I'm 10 and 3 quarters. I have these hairs sprouting round my tassle and on my pouch, is this normal?
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                A damned good LP, some great playing on there. Recommended.

Oh, and I'm 10 and 3 quarters. I have these hairs sprouting round my tassle and on my pouch, is this normal?
                Dude, you kill me. 10 and 3 quarters. HA! Good one limey.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                X