Battle of the Bands Sogn Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Bands Sogn Suggestions?

Hey, you guys got an suggestions for Battle of the Bands song. My one friend has kind of dragged me into this, and I'm locked into it. Has to be fairly simple and popular. I have a month. His vocal range is kind of low mids. Think Switchfoot. He suggested Meant to Live. The issue with that it has two guitars, and we only have one player, me. I would like to do some hair metal or Judas Priest, but those ideas have been tossed. I'm kind of at a loss and the fingers are pointing at me, as being able to play the guitar right is the most important part

Basically, I need 2 or 3 solid choices. My top three are right now are Jesus or a Gun by Fuel, Remedy by Seether, or Minerva by Deftones. Technical ability is not a huge issue on my part or the drummer, though I don't know the bassplayer in question to well so he is a question mark. I really wouldn't do this, but I would feel bad, and I'm stuck. So any ideas?

Are you wanting to show off OR do a fun crowd pleaser?
    Showing off? Only you and a handful of others at the most will get it and everybody else will be bored hoping the next song will be one they can identify with.
    A fun crowd pleaser? If the crowd is having fun you will have fun by feeding off them.
    To get the crowd into it play tunes (covers) they know and play them well.

Showoff? Do a Dragonforce tune.
    A fun crowd pleaser? Thin Lizzy (Jail Break, Boys Back In Town) Kiss (Rock n Roll all Nite)
    Bon Jovi (Wanted Dead Or Alive) Ozzy (Crazy Train, Flying High Again) Danzig (Mother)
    Metallica (For Whom The Bell Tolls) Jimmi Hendrix (Purple Haze, Foxy Lady) VH (Dance The Night Away) Black Sabbath (Paraniod, Heaven And Hell) Scorpions (Rock You Like a Hurricane) Velvet Revolver (Slither). JP (Living After Midnight, You Got Another Thing Coming, Hellion/Electric Eye)
    I could go on but you get it.
    Last edited by Soap; 07-02-2008, 08:52 PM.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
      Are you wanting to show off OR do a fun crowd pleaser?
      Showing off? Only you and a handful of others at the most will get it and everybody else will be bored hoping the next song will be one they can identify with.
      A fun crowd pleaser? If the crowd is having fun you will have fun by feeding off them.
      To get the crowd into it play tunes (covers) they know and play them well.
      Might as well go for fun then. Just didn't hope to dig through Guitar Hero song lists

:ROTF:

Comment

My Own Worst Enemy -Lit. People go crazy when we play it. Easy to play, vocals in the right range and very popular.

Let us know how it goes.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
        X