No announcement yet.

Working today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but it helps pass the time til I go home.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Looks like no fireworks tonite....It's thundering and all the people from the amphitheater are leaving. Nasty storms are coming in.

Comment

Yup, poor Cary, 10 min prior to start, massive red radar blip shows up
        lotsa lightning, hate it for the folx who have been waiting out there for hours.

Comment

Hell...You should see the parking lot at my building here. It's a massive traffic jam. I'm at the 8000 building right across from Koka Booth.

Comment

LOL. I was sitting on my patio waiting for golf ball sized hail to start, and imagining the 75,000 ppl running. How cruel.
            I see they have been postponed until tomorrow night now and will follow the NC Symphony. My best experience was when they were building the hospital up the way, it was nothing more than a skeleton frame and we scaled to the roof using ladders and had best seats (Could see the fairgrounds show as well). Good spot you have there for sure, Cary does put on a pretty big show, spending the big bux.

Comment

Yeah....It's pretty well cleared out now but seeing everybody scrambling when the rain came in so fast was quite a sight.

I'll be here tomorrow too but we're supposed to get more bad weather.

Comment

Oh and now we're watching The Bourne Supremacy.

Comment

I just loaded a roll of steel into my press and I'm watching it run. Up and down, up and down.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Try not to get sea sick watching it, Newc.

Comment

BTW Newc, your sig is missing something, it should read:

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; NAKED, screaming and covered in someone else's blood

Comment

I was / am working today too.

Believe it or not we had a customer that wanted to go live this weekend, no matter what. So I've spent my entire day listening to status calls on the project, troubleshooting backup failures in the new backup environment, and dealing with general infrastructure BS. Plus, my boss asked (told) me yesterday to take on-call for the weekend.

Just when I thought my day was finally over I get a call from our operations center telling me that a domain controller went down, *sigh*, thankfully we have three of them and it can wait until tomorrow, on the flip-side of that I'm going to have to spend time tomorrow troubleshooting it over the phone with the newest member of our team rather than just letting it sit till Monday like I normally would (like I said its not a big deal cause there's two others in the domain).

Despite my displeasure there is one good thing I get out of this. Because I took on-call this weekend and Im working on this project, AND Im on-call the entire week of thanksgiving this year, my boss is gonna let me have two floating holidays whenever I want to use them. So Im going to have a nice LONG two week Christmas break this year, 4 days of which are on the companies dime completely.

Still, its not been my favorite 4th of July Holiday.

-Steve
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

I'm working more overtime today just for the sake of having 3 people here. Doesn't look good for the fireworks show again since we are having a storm now and they are supposed to keep coming throughout the night.

We're watching a Night at the Museum now.

Comment

When I'm not taking calls, I'm surfing the net AND watching TV... and even when I am on a call. I prefer weekdays off so I work Sat-Wed fixed.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I surf the net and watch TV here but usually there's work to be done to keep us busy. I work for a DRP/Backup Infrastructure company which was bought out by a large computer firm. We alway have the TV on but these last couple of days have been dead due to the holiday.

Comment

I've had three "call outs," so things have remained interesting.
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X