Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else tired of the uber fast cookie monster metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else tired of the uber fast cookie monster metal?

First off i am and always will be a die hard metal fan
    grew up on JP,IM,SAB, and many other newer wave metal acts after them like exodus,testament,savatage,megadeth,etc
    I listen to a lot of hard attack on sirius and with a few exceptions most of these newer metal bands sound about the same like napalm and cannible revisited.
    I like arch enemy but only in small doses, cant get into them like i do old maiden
    anyway most of what i am hearing pretty much is heavy ass toned, faster than light riffing with some cool breakdown grooves(BEST PARTS!) here and there and those damn crappy cookie monster vocals on just about ever tune i hear!
    WTF, this is getting like rap music where it is being forced down your friggin throat and you finally say "THATS F**KIN IT! I HAVE HAD IT!"
    anyone else feel about the same and just crank on some oldies but goodies metal?
    Last edited by savage; 07-07-2008, 07:35 AM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

No-

If you don't like it don't listen to it.

Comment

Nope.

You're ignorantly generalizing a million bands under one common denominator. BULLSHIT
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by jcs21 View Post
        No-

If you don't like it don't listen to it.
        did you think this one up all by yourself?
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I agree with the original post. These days I don't even bother going to metal clubs around here because all that's ever playing is ugguguggugroaaath metal with uberfast drumbeats that go "spaspaspaspaspaspaspaspaspa-rrrrrrurrururururururu(that's the fill)"

Yawn.
          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Fucking hell, I'm just trying to picture a 1,000,000 cookie monster vocalists going for it at the same time.

Guinness book of world records anyone?
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
              Nope.

You're ignorantly generalizing a million bands under one common denominator. BULLSHIT
              no i am not "generalizing a million bands"
              there are many bands that are great( too many to list obviously) but it seems too me the majority sound about the same, especially the vocals if that is what you can call them!
              if you disagree with that then we are on different planets

Comment

Can someone come up with Mr. Snuffleupagus vocals, I'd like that, or maybe Big Bird metal. However I still think Grover/Yoda vocals would be the hardest to do.
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by GryphonGuitar View Post
                  I agree with the original post. These days I don't even bother going to metal clubs around here because all that's ever playing is ugguguggugroaaath metal with uberfast drumbeats that go "spaspaspaspaspaspaspaspaspa-rrrrrrurrururururururu(that's the fill)"

Yawn.
                  thank you!

Comment

I can stand some.

Are DevilDriver considered cookie monster? If so, I like them.

Some are decent, some sound like recycled shit.

So it all depends.
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                      Can someone come up with Mr. Snuffleupagus vocals, I'd like that, or maybe Big Bird metal. However I still think Grover/Yoda vocals would be the hardest to do.
                      what about "the count"?
                      ONE one satan rules TWO two demons reign:ROTF:

Comment

You forgot the laugh.

One Satan Rules Ah ah ah ah ah.

Two Demons Reign Ah ah ah ah

I think calling them cookie monster is really devaluing Cookie Monster.

But I hear he's onto veggies now and off cookies.

Maybe Seseme Street should sue.
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                          I can stand some.

Are DevilDriver considered cookie monster? If so, I like them.

Some are decent, some sound like recycled shit.

So it all depends.
                          Bengal, your post on the Viv vs dio thread got me to thinking about the state of metal right now and much like other forms of music metal is becoming very sterile and predictable
                          Like i said they are still some real great metal bands but there are MORE that are very generic

Comment

Originally posted by jcs21 View Post
                            no-

if you don't like it don't listen to it.
                            +1,000,000
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              You forgot the laugh.

One Satan Rules Ah ah ah ah ah.

Two Demons Reign Ah ah ah ah

I think calling them cookie monster is really devaluing Cookie Monster.

But I hear he's onto veggies now and off cookies.

Maybe Seseme Street should sue.
                              you got it!:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X