Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else tired of the uber fast cookie monster metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GryphonGuitar View Post
    I agree with the original post. These days I don't even bother going to metal clubs around here because all that's ever playing is ugguguggugroaaath metal with uberfast drumbeats that go "spaspaspaspaspaspaspaspaspa-rrrrrrurrururururururu(that's the fill)"

Yawn.
    Most clubs suck period, thats why they are not playing stadiums, but then again, most bands who play stadiums sucked when they started in clubs.

Thank god (or Satan) for new musicians because I can only stand music from the 70's and 80's for so long.

And with so MUCH music out there (radio, sirius, clubs, cd's, downloads, friends, etc.), that there isnt one kind of music being played on anything but commercial radio stations.
    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Actually, i couldn't tell you the MTV state of metal, which it sounds like your refering to, i don't watch tv at all, and i don't listen to internet radio or anything like that. I'm sure it IS That Way the places your looking, yeah.
      I hear about music thru people that i know, that like what i like, or by chance, or something i keep hearing about Like DevilDriver i keep hearing about, i have to check them out, but i don't really go out looking for it especially anything that's generally going to be played on the radio.
      I don't even listen to one type of music like metal 24/7 anyway, play it all the time and it gets annoying, Variety, and even try Silence, it's fucking great.

So like jcs21 said, DON'T LISTEN to it, duh

Ihsahn's from Emperors new solo album ANGL is fucking brilliant, give it a listen for something fresh, you just have to hear it, (it's not black metal) a lot of cool shit on it, and he kinda breaks out on the lead guitar a bit, i have to say, i think the dude has crossed all boundries and has become a prolific composer rather than just a black metal guy.
      This is what i look for when i'm looking for music, something more.

And when i'm bored with everything else, i throw on some Zappa, which never gets old.
      Last edited by Trem; 07-09-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I cannot stand cookiemonster vocals, to me it's the stupidest thing ever to come along in metal music. and that includes the 80's hair bands that went too far, even they weren't as stupid as "graowwoeerrrorrehggghgh!"

I saw Arch Enemy open for IM a few years back, and for the first minute of their set I was psyched, good guitar work and hot drumming, but then the chick(!) starts the cookiemonster act and I almost fell out laughing. it was just so absurd. too funny seeing a female (at least I think it's female) do that grrrrowling shit.

it is not music, folks. love it all you want, but please stop short of calling it music. cause it isn't.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Fuck you, savage!

Oh, sorry, I thought this was the "Bash savage" thread

Hee hee
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't expect people to understand or like what I do. I went throught this with my wife about 6 years ago..you guys are NO different. ALL of you could be had..or put in the know really quick if you're around me enough. I know this as fact!

I hate most death growling , Emo , Core screaming bullshit. But there is talent and art to some of the death singers..Angela of Arch Enemy is awesome. I'd take her as a singer/front person ANYDAY!!!

My singer is amazing and he can do great death vox..he uses it as a tool..for the sake of dynamics. Just like a guitarist hits a ping or whatever..

Yes, Ihsahn's from Emperors new solo album ANGL is fuggin' awesome!!!

You have guys like that and 'tards on headbangers ball. Don't consume that bullshit as metal..it's crap! Do your own resesearch and fing your own music..there is so much out there. I would be happy to point anyone in the RIGHT directions. Everytime I see a fat, sweaty Emo or "core" fuck screaming into a mic I wish someone would shove a fuggin' cock down his throat to shut him the fuck up! The mainsteam like HHB is promoting this swill as fucking metal..NOT!!. This is no difference what happened in the early 90's ..ALL trends and any trend has an expiration date be it Hair, Grunge, Nu, Rap Metal or Emo..Core..whatever

I bumped heads with a few "NU metal" members several years ago that swore it was true metal. Time prooved me right again..and again..its awesome to be always fucking right!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              .Angela of Arch Enemy is awesome. I'd take her as a singer/front person ANYDAY!!!
              Angela is posessed when she sings!
              favorite demon type singer
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Fuck you, savage!

Oh, sorry, I thought this was the "Bash savage" thread

Hee hee
                It pretty much is!
                around here you voice your opinion and if it does not agree with some they get all insecure like little fuckin babies :ROTF:
                If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                  It pretty much is!
                  around here you voice your opinion and if it does not agree with some they get all insecure like little fuckin babies :ROTF:
                  Insecure? Fuck no. I just KNOW my taste is better than yours, and I feel the need to voice the painstakingly clear.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                    I just KNOW my taste is better than yours, lol:
                    you are only 20 years old?
                    Since i have 23 more years on you i seriously doubt it

Comment

Not the age thing again.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Old Fucks vs. Young Fucks.

The ageless battle.
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I'm a big fan of the "cookie monster" metal, but one thing lets me know what the majority of people think of it. That one thing? The best selling "death metal" album ever is from a fucking cartoon band.
                          EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            Old Fucks vs. Young Fucks.

The ageless battle.
                            yeah but it is more like seasoned old fucks VS inexperienced young fucks!

Comment

Don't knock Cookie Monster. He's cool. He can't help being imitated poorly. Umm numm numm nummm.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X