Now what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now what do I do?

Long story short: I bought a Line 6 UX2 recording interface off ebay. I paid right away as I always do. After a week, I still hadn't heard back from the seller. Finally he responds, saying that he was out of stock, and will ship when stock comes in. A week later, he sends me a tracking number. Another week goes by, and according to the tracking number, the package was returned to sender. Then it says it's back on its way to me, and the dude won't answer my emails. Now I'm starting to get pissed. First off, why was he running an auction for something he didn't have in stock? Next, although the auction details said shipping was USPS, he shipped UPS which means I have to pay brokerage fees. I email him and tell him that when and if it arrives, I'm going to refuse delivery, and expect my money refunded in full right away. Finally, 30 days after I paid, the brown truck shows up. Unfortunately, I'm out, and I forgot to tell my wife, so she accepts it, and pays the $40 brokerage fees.

Soooooo, now I have my interface, and figure, whatever, I might as well keep it, suck up the $40, and leave a negative for the douchebag.

fast forward 10 days to today. A Canada Post truck shows up with a package that looks identical to the first one. It's another UX2! This time I have to pay $18 duty.

So, the way I see it, this guy has cost me an extra $58. Do I send this one back or what? It will cost another $20 to send it back. This guy rarely replies to my emails.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I am not sure what the laws are in Canada in regards to these type of things. As far as the $58.00, If he decides to let you keep the 2nd UX2, you could always list it in the classifieds and make a couple of bucks on top of the $58.00 you lost.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I say tough shit for him, and I'll see ya in the Classifieds.

In no way am I suggesting you rip him off. The duties thing is split in "fault" between you and he, from what you're saying- He sent it the wrong way, you forgot to tell your wife to refuse shipment.

On that point I'm confused- You said you wanted USPS, but when you called to ask him "Sup?" and watched it being tracked, wasn't it also UPS? Would you have refused shipment no matter when it was showing up?

It seems to me he tried to do the RIGHT thing- When you didn't get it CanadaPost/USPS, he quickfastinahurry sent one out UPS....and that's the one you got first.

Soooo. I say try to arrange to return it to him, but also explain how you ended up banged up for duties or whatever. If he doesn't reply, it's not your job to chase him around. If he does reply, get him to work with you. If he won't, you probably should STILL send it back, but do what you want. You most certainly should not be involved in paying for the shipping back to him, however.

This sounds like one of those rare situations that BOTH sides of the deal are going to lose out, with UPS/USPS the only ones coming out ahead.

Vass

Comment

The first one he shipped was by UPS, and that was the one that took 30 days to arrive. The second one was shipped on June 25th, so assume he shipped it after getting a number of emails from me asking what was going on.

I'm going to email him, and tell him I want my $58 back, plus the $20 to ship it back to him. If I don't get it, then I'm selling the fucking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
          I'm going to email him, and tell him I want my $58 back, plus the $20 to ship it back to him. If I don't get it, then I'm selling the fucking thing.
          Sounds like a plan.
          You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
          You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
          --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
          --horns666 - 12/29/08
          I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
          --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Except for the UPS/USPS mixup, I don't see any fault with the seller here, except maybe lack of communication. Sell the second one and make more than your $58 back.
            Scott

Comment

Not sure how Canadian law works, but here, the law states that if you receive something in the mail you did not order, you are not obligated to pay for it or to return it.

However, I'm not sure if that also covers the sendee being responsible for paying for the return shipping and other costs.

At any rate, it does appear the guy tried to make it right by sending another unit, however the "forgot to tell my wife" is all on you, not him, as are the brokerage/import fees.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Not sure how Canadian law works, but here, the law states that if you receive something in the mail you did not order, you are not obligated to pay for it or to return it.

However, I'm not sure if that also covers the sendee being responsible for paying for the return shipping and other costs.

At any rate, it does appear the guy tried to make it right by sending another unit, however the "forgot to tell my wife" is all on you, not him, as are the brokerage/import fees.
                He shipped it UPS. The auction clearly stated that internationally shipping would be USPS Priority. Therefore, since he took it upon himself to change the terms without my consent, why should I be saddled with extra costs?

I have no problem paying the duty and taxes, but I NEVER use UPS or Fedex because of the outrageous brokerage fees. As far as not telling my wife, I don't see that it has anything to do with the situation. If I had been home, and refused delivery, he would have been out the shipping cost at the very least. He might have had to pay the brokerage fees too, even though it would have been sent back. I'm not sure exactly how that works, but you can bet UPS aren't just going to waive their fees. No, as far as I see it, he has to pay me the $58, plus whatever it costs to ship it back, otherwise he can kiss my ass.

Comment

zeegler ,

I have to say that 1)you want to make this right

2)I think under the circumstances the dealer will probalbly tell you to keep the Line 6 UX2 (I believe these sell for about 140$)if you stated that you wanted 58 + 20 +78$.not sure what the markup is ,but seems to me there's been alot of time and effort lost (on both your parts) 140 - 78 = 62$ ,sure he's not in bussiness to lose money ,but trying to recoup this would again take time and leave the customer disoriented with the deal.

That being said I agree with you -- why the hell was he auctioning something he didn't posses ??I bet this is the same kind of guy who "" floats "" checks.
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I haven't heard back from him yet, which doesn't really surprise me. In the past he has taken up to a week to respond, after I sent 3 or 4 emails. Well, if I don't hear from him by this time next week, I will just keep it, and consider the matter closed. I tried to do the right thing!

Comment

Working...
                    X