sync by microsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sync by microsoft

Does anyone else have this in their car? Just bought a new car and this is one of the toys that came with it. Its very cool. My favorite part is that you can stick a memory stick into the usb port loaded with mp3s, hit the button on the wheel, it will ask you what you want, I say "Play Holy Diver" and damn!, it does. It even repeats it back to me first. It works just like the TV commercial. I was amazed at how well the voice recognition worked. You dont have to "train" the computer. It knew everything that I threw at it. It had no problem with screaming for vengeance or anything else. And like a child, I had to know, it ignores things like "Fuck you" and such. It also did a great job of syncing my cellphone. Kinda cool talking to the car and all. I feel like Michael Knight. Im impressed that it actually works just like on tv. A cool little toy.

Does it work if you sing Holy Diver?

Dio rules

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
      Does it work if you sing Holy Diver?

Dio rules
      If "I" sing it, it laughs.:ROTF:

Comment

What if you just go "play that song that goes dun dududun dududundundun"?
        Last edited by Spivonious; 07-09-2008, 01:17 PM.
        Scott

Comment

Our Mitsubishi doesn't have Sync, but it has a hands free Bluetooth phone system, and it's like something out of Star Trek when you talk to the car and it talks back

Comment

Yeah, I got all these crazy ideas at work tonight. I could name some mp3s with common words and make them funny sound effects and wise ass comments so I could have a stupid conversation with the car just to see peoples reactions when my car tells me to fuck off or something. Yeah, I got too much time on my hands.

Comment

I don't favor voice-controlled anything.
              I'd never buy a car with this Sync gadget in it.
              regular interfaces are just fine with me.

I guess I'm the quiet type, so it goes along with my personality. I have to talk to enough people all day, so talking to my car is one thing I'll avoid at all costs, thank you.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
              X