Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-discovering bands you used to like but lost track of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-discovering bands you used to like but lost track of.

I guess we all have had it, really big on a band, then you get side-tracked for a couple of years and then suddenly you hear something new from that band you used to like and went "WHOA!"

In my case it was Iron Maiden, as a twelve year old with my very first electric guitar I really was into them and "Somewhere in time" and "Seventh son of the seventh son" were my most played albums in my tiny collection of LP records. But then Guns N roses released "Appitite for destruction" and I found that heavy rock could be easy to play. And a few years after that Alt Rock broke and I was loving it. My mediocre skills on guitar didn't really matter anymore.

But that changed when I was watching MTV Europe's "Most wanted" as hosted by Ray Cokes in the mid nineties one evening. (This show was not a request show like the MTV USA show with the same name, "Most wanted" was a live show where Cokes would do silly stuff and have cool bands performing.) And Maiden was there with two faces I didn't recognise, Janeck Gers and Blaze Bailey. And then they started playing THIS song.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

At first I went wide eyed and then I got up from my chair and started headbanging. And after the song was done I went "DUUUUDE! I need to check that album out." After that evening I was a born again metal man. "X-factor" is one of those albums that brought me back where I belong and although Blaze Bailey could never replace Dickingson, nobody can deny that this song still is a kick ass rocker.

and for those who wonder how it would've sounded with Bruce singing...
    IRON MAIDEN-Man On The Edge Recorded Live-Ed Hunter Tour 1999 (Song only)

I hope they'll put it back in their setlist again.

I kept up with all the bands that i started out liking
    Last edited by savage; 07-10-2008, 09:16 AM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Maybe Metallica if the new album is good!

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
        I kept up with all the bands that i started out liking
        Yeah, I've got to agree. If I like a band, I'll keep an eye out for new albums and such.
        Scott

Comment

I rediscovered Dokken this way... It turns out I had listened to them all the time when I was a kid, but I didn't know it was them... I watched interviews with George Lynch and everything, and never got it. Then I saw the "In My Dreams" video and just totally understood! It was a great afternoon of rediscovery.
          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Parliament/Funkadelic. Had forgotten all about them, then listened to some of their records a while back, still in a disco/funk phase right now, for like two months now.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
            X