X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muhammed Suicmez of Necrophagist.

Comment

KEE MARCELLO
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Ronnie Montrose? I learned alotta' my chops from him;

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

G.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashaxl View Post
          Alex Skolnick.... very underrated imo.
          +1000 over the wall. one of the best solo's ever
          "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Mark Tremonti. Really this guy is underrated just because he was in Creed. But I think he is a great player and songwriter.

Comment

Rob Marcello. Yeah, I know Danger Danger isn't the most ballsy or soulful thing, but his solos stuff... fuck off! O_O Great sense of melody and timing, coupled with great chops and knowing when too much is too much and not including it in the music. Sucks that about all of what he does is just advertising for Roland/BOSS. He should be doing tours and whatnot.

More later.
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by robfromthedeep View Post
                No one has said Chris Broderick?

..or Jeff Loomis. Am >I< his only fanboy here??!!

Well I could make an "underrated" guitarist list..which I have before. But nobody knows who they were. But, isn't THAT the point?:think:

With that said, I'm going with my number #1 choice..Uli Jon Roth. Sure, most guitarist know who he is..well, some do..maybe..sorta. He used to be in the Scorpions. But hasn't did anything since.....NOT!

Oh, and my very first "shredder" influence..Frank Marino. NOBODY kicked as much firey ass as Frank and Uli did in the 70's IMO! Until some punk named Ed joined the party. Still, not even King Edward could touch any of Uli's solos IMO. I heard VH used to cover "Catch your train" ..I'd love to hear that!

Most of us has or could learn any of Ed's solos note for note..try some Uli Roth for shits and giggles.

I should find my old shredder list..it's gotta be somewhere. That was compiled way before Youtube..so it would come in handy now.

pssssst.."underrrated" means..awesome players that most guitarist (us) never heard of before..or not aware of their work. So far, just a few were mentioned.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Michael Lee Firkins (Amazingly under-rated)

and Joey Tafolla..
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Blues Saraceno

but shredder is kinda lame to be called... now slippery ripper is much better
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Endbat and JS ..now you're speaking my langauge!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

How bout Estaban.

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth79 View Post
                          Mark Tremonti. Really this guy is underrated just because he was in Creed. But I think he is a great player and songwriter.
                          here's a vid of Alter Bridge's Mark tremonti teaching YOU some sweep picking techniques!

I'm going to have to disagree.
                          Originally posted by horns666
                          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Guitarist Jeff Kollman is a master of tone, riffs, and chord voicings - Jeff has performed with Glenn Hughes, Cosmosquad and many others

Jeff Kollman
                            Last edited by phill_up; 12-28-2008, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                              friday night in san francisco features 3 underated players
                              jon mcglaughlin
                              al dimeola
                              paco de lucia sorry for spelling
                              Under rated by who! These guys have been icons for a long,long time.

Frank Zappa should be listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1elpMjZ4wE

I'm going to have to disagree.
                                And?

Comment

Working...
                                X