Underrated shredder thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
    That's a name you don't hear everyday! Good choice!
    but you hear HIM everyday
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

"my dad, Vinnie V., taught me how to shred!"
      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        I think so. How often do you hear of them? Sure, we know them. Most do not. Even though they hear them on the radio all the time.

I'd say Adrian Smith and Dave Murray and Glen and KK get more recognition as dual guitarists than Goram and Roberson do.

A buddy of mine only likes the Gary Moore era Lizzy. I will admit, Moores solo on Still In Love With You might be one of the best ever.
        As you probably already know that was a guest solo by Gary on the 'Nightlife' album which was the first to feature Robertson and Gorham. I think
        a better version of that solo is the one that Robertson plays on 'Live And Dangerous'....which is very similar to Gary's and has allot of the
        melodies and licks, but Robbo's signature is all over that live version and I just think it has more impact.

Cris Oliva and Dave Prichard of Armored Saint were grossly underrated. Those guys were amazing. Phil Sandoval and Jeff Duncan are underrated as well.
        Tommy Skeoch and Frank Hannon of Tesla were one of the best guitar teams of the late 80's. Those guys were great.

Comment

Emil Werstler of Daath. Fuckin' rad guitarist.

Comment

Not really a shredder, but James Mankey from Concrete Blonde is awesome.He has a very Beckish vibe to him that I allways dig...
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
              Rob Marcello. Yeah, I know Danger Danger isn't the most ballsy or soulful thing, but his solos stuff... fuck off! O_O Great sense of melody and timing, coupled with great chops and knowing when too much is too much and not including it in the music. Sucks that about all of what he does is just advertising for Roland/BOSS. He should be doing tours and whatnot.

More later.
              Yeah, Every time someone asks me to recommend them a great guitarist, I bring up Rob. I saw D2 last year and was blown away by his playing.

I'd like to give a shout out to Jeff Loomis, though I'm not sure how underrated he is.

And it can't be a shred fest without Chris Impellitteri-

Comment

oh, Chris Cheney as well-

Comment

Gentlemen, meet the greatest shredder you've never heard of:

Theodore Ziras

Great tone and some of the best sweep picking ever recorded.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Entries

Off the top o' my head -
                    Harry Cody
                    Chris Poland
                    John 5
                    Marc Rizzo
                    I saw Rizzo a couple years ago I saw him live and met him too. His classical playing is amazing. Watching him switch to electric on stage is impressive. He makes it all look so easy.

In fact, most guys in this entire thread make it look easy!

Comment

Working...
                    X