Car Dealers - Looking to buy a stang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Dealers - Looking to buy a stang

So I went to a local ford dealer today looking at mustangs and found one I like...

It's an 07 Delux Convertible with 20k miles (it was a rental) in excellent shape, and they want $16,600 for it. That happens to be almost 3k under what edmunds reports as the retail price for that model, which tells me they're really trying to sell it.

I went through the usual stuff trying to work out a deal, but unfortunately one could just not be made today I sent an email offer in after I got home and had the chance to go through some numbers (and got the ok from the wife ). I offered 14.5k for it, which I know is probably a low ball offer, but it's been sitting on the lot for two months with no action. They have 16 other stangs on the lot, 11 of which are 08s, so Im hoping the fact that they just aren't selling very well will give my offer the traction it needs.

I've always wanted a stang, so hopefully this works out. I'd love a GT, but I just couldn't afford the gas on one. Dropping from 31mpg highway to ~24 is gonna hurt enough as it is.

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Love, love, LOVE stangs. The 6 cyl are cool, but man, I know you're going to be dying for the dynamite if you don't go GT.

Gas will not be this high forever. You could probably do OK getting a GT today, suck it up for a bit, and then having all that extra power later.

Vass

Comment

Gotta get my usual photo op in .. seriously I'm real happy with this car and for a 6 it's not too bad.

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Wish you luck. They will probably counter but in todays car market the only cars that are selling are the ones that have 4 cylinders and get great mileage. dealerships with used SUVs are screwed they're not moving at all.

Comment

I think the issue, is when people want a Mustang, they buy the V8. I've heard some people consider the 6s in those a bit on the wimpy side, but I think to some it just doesn't feel like a real Mustang without 8 cylinders. Personally, I think they work fine in smaller sports cars like Mitsubishi Eclipse, various Subaru's, Honda's, etc. But the Mustang is a bigger car, and the 6 can feel a little boring when driving one. And that is where the fun is, right

Comment

Good luck with your purchase. For the record, I averaged 26 mpg with my 07 GT 5 speed on a recent trip to PA.

Here is my shameless photo op too.

Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know you had a Mustang... I took a Roush 427R for a test drive a couple months ago when I was looking for a car. It was pretty cool, the supercharger sounded like a jet turbine winding up. 13 MPG on premium fuel killed it for me though, that's pretty bad!

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
              Gotta get my usual photo op in .. seriously I'm real happy with this car and for a 6 it's not too bad.

Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                Love, love, LOVE stangs. The 6 cyl are cool, but man, I know you're going to be dying for the dynamite if you don't go GT.

Gas will not be this high forever. You could probably do OK getting a GT today, suck it up for a bit, and then having all that extra power later.

Vass

You're totally right. It's gonna be even higher
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

DO NOT! DO NOT BUY A V6 MUSTANG!

I have had too many people I know buy them. Beleive it or not in someinstances the GT can get better Gas Mileage. I beleive the difference is 1 MPG in real life situations.

If you cannot afford the GT buy a Accord or a Subuaru WRX or a Lancer.

The V6 Mustang is a compromise in every aspect except looks. You dont get performance you get a 1 MPG increase in economy at most. Also when you buy a performance car you compromise on other things like cargo space and options. With a V6 Mustang you LOSE/FAIL all around except for the awesome looks compared to a GT.

Get a older GT if you have to. DO NOT BUY A V6 you will not be happy.

I have grown up around Mustangs and muscle cars so I know what I am talking about. Here is my 07 GT500 I got 0% financing on.

Last edited by AK47; 07-12-2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Ford V8s get good gas mileage dont think that a V6 is going to save you any money.

I have a Supercharged 5.4L in my 07GT500 regularGT has a 4.6L V8 and I get around 18MPG driving city and highway in my 5.4L. I do about 50/50.

Here is a pic to prove efficency.

Comment

Do you think that the data provided by the cruise computer of the car , is reliable? I mean, are they? I wanna know if they are.

I'm really asking it. No sarcasm here.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                        Do you think that the data provided by the cruise computer of the car , is reliable? I mean, are they? I wanna know if they are.

I'm really asking it. No sarcasm here.

Its pretty damn accurate computer, tells you how many miles till empty as well. I topped off my tank and drove the thing till it was empty, made sure I had a gas can in the trunk and was not on a freeway. Did all the math on paper. Calculated MPG as well. On paper I actually got better MPG.

It has a margin of error around 5% and it has to be like this since driving style is constantly changing.

Comment

Well, our Honda Civic shows X Liter/100 km data according to your speed and the usage of brakes, and I wonder if it works accurately.

Comment

Well, we worked out a deal and I drove it off the lot today.

The car was listed on the lot for $21k, and both edmunds and kbb put the retail price of the car at $19.2k. After much haggling we agreed on $16.5k to which I then applied $500 of my own cash plus another $500 from the dealer and the refund from canceling my warranty on my trade . So I paid $14.8k for a $19k car, not a bad deal if you ask me.

Down the road I'll probably do some mods .... Hell, I know Im gonna do some mods

If I had been more patient, searched around some more, worked a few more deals, and waited for a better hand to play then I probably would have gotten an even sweeter deal, possibly on a GT, but I was able to get this done today so I took it and ran.

And my decision to go with a V6 over a GT was not just about gas mileage.

I'm spending $98 a month less on this car than I was on my trade, and I had a big roll-over on this loan.

Can't beat that with a stick....

I got what I wanted, and Im happy with it.

-Steve
                            Guitars:
                            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                            Amp:
                            VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                              DO NOT! DO NOT BUY A V6 MUSTANG!

I have had too many people I know buy them. Beleive it or not in someinstances the GT can get better Gas Mileage. I beleive the difference is 1 MPG in real life situations.

If you cannot afford the GT buy a Accord or a Subuaru WRX or a Lancer.

The V6 Mustang is a compromise in every aspect except looks. You dont get performance you get a 1 MPG increase in economy at most. Also when you buy a performance car you compromise on other things like cargo space and options. With a V6 Mustang you LOSE/FAIL all around except for the awesome looks compared to a GT.

Get a older GT if you have to. DO NOT BUY A V6 you will not be happy.

I have grown up around Mustangs and muscle cars so I know what I am talking about. Here is my 07 GT500 I got 0% financing on.

I'm the guy who says skip the GT and go for Shelbys and Cobras AK47 is my hero! The Shelby GT500 at 0% financing, Wow! You can't get better than that. Really nice Stang you got there AK47 : I'm a Musclecar fan from way back and have a 96 Mystic Cobra as well as an 04 Mystichrome converitble. The Shelby is next on my list, less than one more year of payments on the 04 Cobra.
                              By the way, if you look on the inside back cover of the 2000 Jackson catalog, you will see a fretboard featuring the coiled Cobra from the Mustang. Those are the inlays on my custom shop 24 fret Rhoads which I ordered in Mystic (had to send in the Mystic paint in touch up bottles to Tim Wilson at the Jackson custom shop at the time) with the Cobra inlays. I sent a picture of the emblem off the car to them to do that
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X