Car Dealers - Looking to buy a stang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    I'm the guy who says skip the GT and go for Shelbys and Cobras AK47 is my hero! The Shelby GT500 at 0% financing, Wow! You can't get better than that. Really nice Stang you got there AK47 : I'm a Musclecar fan from way back and have a 96 Mystic Cobra as well as an 04 Mystichrome converitble. The Shelby is next on my list, less than one more year of payments on the 04 Cobra.
    By the way, if you look on the inside back cover of the 2000 Jackson catalog, you will see a fretboard featuring the coiled Cobra from the Mustang. Those are the inlays on my custom shop 24 fret Rhoads which I ordered in Mystic (had to send in the Mystic paint in touch up bottles to Tim Wilson at the Jackson custom shop at the time) with the Cobra inlays. I sent a picture of the emblem off the car to them to do that
    I saw that custom Jackson. I thought it was awesome then I realized they wont do a custom like that anymore since they are so busy telling customers what they cant order anymore at the custom shop.

So it makes that Jackson custom so much more awesome!

My GT500 is the only discontinued color Tungsten silver which makes it the rarest color GT500 except for Vintage Lime Green which was only a few 06 GT500 preproduction prototypes.

I got lucky on my GT500 last July Ford had 0% on everything in stock for like two weeks. It is only for 36months though so I had to make a huge down payment.

Want to here something funny a friend I know bought a 05 V6 Mustang New after I told him not to and at least wait for 0% financing. He has recently refinanced the car to get a better rate and with intrest he will in the end pay more than what I am paying on my GT500!

ETA I owned a unmodified white 98 SVT Cobra Mustang and if I drove it like a granny it got better MPG then my friends 98 V6 Mustang. I remember we did test after test and he got so mad that my SVT can get better MPG than his V6
    Last edited by AK47; 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      I saw that custom Jackson. I thought it was awesome then I realized they wont do a custom like that anymore since they are so busy telling customers what they cant order anymore at the custom shop.

So it makes that Jackson custom so much more awesome!

My GT500 is the only discontinued color Tungsten silver which makes it the rarest color GT500 except for Vintage Lime Green which was only a few 06 GT500 preproduction prototypes.

I got lucky on my GT500 last July Ford had 0% on everything in stock for like two weeks. It is only for 36months though so I had to make a huge down payment.

Want to here something funny a friend I know bought a 05 V6 Mustang New after I told him not to and at least wait for 0% financing. He has recently refinanced the car to get a better rate and with intrest he will in the end pay more than what I am paying on my GT500!

ETA I owned a unmodified white 98 SVT Cobra Mustang and if I drove it like a granny it got better MPG then my friends 98 V6 Mustang. I remember we did test after test and he got so mad that my SVT can get better MPG than his V6
      At the time I ordered mine I didn't tell them where the picture of the coiled snake came from although it was pre-Fender days so they likely wouldn't have cared anyway. It was a black and white sketch of it that I found somewhere actually.
      I never saw SVT products at 0% before. The fine print always said "excludes SVT products" and 36 mos is pretty short but if you gave them a nice down payment and went for 0% you save tons of $ in the long run. Congrats on that car, its one of the coolest on the road today
      I can easily believe the gas mileage comparison you posted. And another thing about the 6 cylinder models is that they are more difficult to sell when they are a few years down the road in age and they depreciate more I would think than the higher end stuff.
      Last edited by roodyrocker; 07-12-2008, 08:07 PM.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
        it was a rental
        For the love of god, stay away from a rental!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

I just caught that. That plus v6 = FAIL

I hope there is a cooling off period. I bought one car new that I regretted but was luckily able to get out of. It was a 2004 Ram 1500 Rumble Bee in Yellow. Luckily some collector from Sweden wanted it and paid me for what I owed tha bank on it. I could have been stuck with that truck and loan for a long time.

It is easy to get caught up in the excitement of a new car at the dealership but you have to really take your time and shop. It took me 6 months to find the right deal on my Mustang and with 0% I cant complain but I did pay a mark up because of the rare color and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
            Love, love, LOVE stangs. The 6 cyl are cool, but man, I know you're going to be dying for the dynamite if you don't go GT.

Gas will not be this high forever. You could probably do OK getting a GT today, suck it up for a bit, and then having all that extra power later.

Vass

Now thats funny!!!

Comment

You know what, not what I would buy, but I hope you enjoy it. We had a Rental/Courtesy/Show car once (1996 Ford Taurus bought in 1997 with 3k on it). Aside from the transmission issues that plagued Fords of the era, there were no major issues with it besides the small crap that breaks/wears out on every car over the years. And they were certainly not issues caused by it's prior status.

For the record though, if it was me, screw all these Saleens, Cobras, and what not. Get me a ROUSH Stage III Blackjack.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                Gas will not be this high forever.
                Correct. It'll be higher!
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                  Correct. It'll be higher!
                  Next stop: $250/bbl, probably around late fall. To be followed shortly by The Great Depression II, a sequel we could live without.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

"BIG RED"
                    "POOP"

Comment

I just caught that. That plus v6 = FAIL

I hope there is a cooling off period. I bought one car new that I regretted but was luckily able to get out of. It was a 2004 Ram 1500 Rumble Bee in Yellow. Luckily some collector from Sweden wanted it and paid me for what I owed tha bank on it. I could have been stuck with that truck and loan for a long time.

It is easy to get caught up in the excitement of a new car at the dealership but you have to really take your time and shop. It took me 6 months to find the right deal on my Mustang and with 0% I cant complain but I did pay a mark up because of the rare color and car.
                      Originally posted by DonP View Post

Well, this is not the first time I bought a car. . Honestly, it kinda sucks that I feel like I have to defend my decision to buy this car, but what the hell, I've got some time to waste.

It's a 2007 with 20k miles, (which is less than I'll put on it in a year). I purchased a warranty that covers everything from bumper to bumper for 3 years or 60k miles, which will put this car at 80k before the warranty runs out.

I gave the car two thorough test drives before signing and there were no abnormalities about the car. I had the car on the road for a total of an hour between both test drives. They put no restrictions on my test drive and so I took advantage of it. There are no leaks around any of the seals or gaskets that I could see, the transmission shifts smoothly and without hesitation. The motor also revs smoothly without hesitation or abnormal noise. The paint is flawless all around, not one ding or dent, and no it is not a repaint. The interior needed a little cleaning here and there, which was taken care of before I signed. And the carfax came back 100% clean, no problems reported or suspected.

I understand that there's additional risk here with the rental, but Im willing to accept that. Maybe I'll get burned, but Im pretty confident that I wont, and Im also confident that the warranty will cover 99% of what might go wrong with the car short of general maintenance.

As for rental abuse, I've traveled a lot with my job over the last 8 years or so and I've personally never abused a rental car. Sure I may have mashed the gas through the floorboard once or twice, but nothing like you guys are suggesting. I know rental abuse happens, but not in every case, and certainly not in the majority of cases.

And finally, I purchased this through a very reputable dealer in my area from whom my family and I have purchased three other cars in the last several years. So I am confident that they wouldn't put a pile of shit on the lot for sale if for no other reason than they have a very good reputation to protect.

While I may not be Albert Einstein, I'm also not unable to tie my own shoes and feed myself in the morning. I wouldn't have bought the car if I thought I was getting an abused pile of shit. Maybe Im wrong and you guys are right, hell the statistics may even be in your favor on this one, and if that's the case then I swear on my eyes that I'll open another thread here on the JCF specifically for the purpose of you guys all telling me "I told you so".

-Steve.
                      Last edited by UFORocks; 07-12-2008, 11:22 PM.
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                        For the record though, if it was me, screw all these Saleens, Cobras, and what not. Get me a ROUSH Stage III Blackjack.
                        Problem is that Saleens and Roush's are usually but not always more expensive than Cobras and Shelbys and almost always not as fast! Besides, I think the Cobras and Shelbys even look better. Case in point, in June of 1996 I wanted a Mystic Cobra Mustang. I found one sitting in the dealer showroom right next to a Saleen S281 convertible. The Saleen was over $10K more than the Cobra and would get its ass handed to it in any race with the Cobra. You end up paying for the name. Under the hood the Saleen's 4.6 two valve motor was no match for the Cobra's 4.6 four valve motor. And the Mystic just killed the Saleen on looks alone! Same now with the Shelby vs. the Roush. The Roush is cheaper but it also only has a 4.6 three valve motor compared to the Shelby's 5.4 four valve superchared motor. I'd take the Shelby with its 500 hp any day
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

UFORocks

Good thing you got the warranty and as long as you are happy thats what matters. No need to convince me.

My point of view is biased since I am a gear head tuner everything has to have MAX HP and Torque.

As for the Roush Blackjack it only has 425hp the GT500 has 500HP and the price is almost identical and that is all I can say about that.

Comment

UFORocks

Good thing you got the warranty and as long as you are happy thats what matters. No need to convince me.
                            Thanks!

My point of view is biased since I am a gear head tuner everything has to have MAX HP and Torque.
                            I know what you mean. The last sports car I had was a NA eclipse 2.4 that I ended up blowing up on more than one occasion. I had just about every bolt on mod you can think of; intake, headers, exhaust, high flow cat, upgraded cam, and a 60 dry shot. Of course I was only 20 or so at the time and ran out of money before I got to the clutch or any of the internals. I burned up three trannys and a motor in 3 years, so I know all about how to abuse a car. It was a killer 4cyl while it lasted. I wish I had dyno'd it at least once. It's a damn shame I wasn't smarter about it though, that car was a lease

-Steve
                            Guitars:
                            Amp:
                            VOX AD30VT

Comment

When I buy a car I go for the lease turn ins.Less than 2 years old and around 15k miles.You don't take the hit driving off the lot.
                              I've saved lots of money doing it this way.
                              Bought a 30k+ Acura TL for 19k,Bought a 25k Nissan X-Terra for 16.5k.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Here's some pics of the new stang...

Im thinking the first mod is going to be a set; intake, exhaust, tuner.

-Steve
                                Guitars:
                                Amp:
                                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                                X