an album that will make you a better guitarist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an album that will make you a better guitarist

I thought I'd start a thread about 1 (that's just 1) album each that , you truly believe, will give inspirational ideas , be it soulfull , technical , metal , whatever - but that would make each listener a better guitarist.

so mine is " friday night in san francisco "

Friday Night in San Francisco is a 1981 album by Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin and Paco de Lucía. It was recorded at the Warfield Theatre on 5 December 1980, in San Francisco. According to Paco de Lucía, it has sold more than six million copies worldwide
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Rust In Peace......nuff said.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I know this may sound a little Cliche, but for me its Megadeth - Countdown to extinction and Hidden Treasures.

I remember in Elementary school, when my sister introduced me...
      And years later in middle school, I re-discovered those tunes, and t really helped me pick up my guitar, and get through the insanity of early teenage years and the depression issues that came with a physiological change.

I know Dave can be a real tool (especially when you're 3 feet away and he doesn't acknowledge you), but his music has been a big hit in my life, in many ways.

Comment

Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Unite. Their "Rush on Steroids" sound still gets me after almost 20 years.
        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Perpetual Burn

Comment

Axis-Bold as Love, Van Halen-1.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force - A seminal album that raised the bar for hard rock and metal guitar playing.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                Rust In Peace......nuff said.
                Exactly what came to my mind when I read this thread.
                Sam

Comment

Ozzy's Speak of the Devil. Brad Gillis plays amazingly and has great tone!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Eat Em And Smile - DLR
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Beyond the Astral Skies--- ULI JON ROTH

Comment

Since Tommy beat me to Hendrix and Lerxtcat beat me to Yngwie, I have to say...

Flex-Able by Vai
                        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

UFO - Obsession
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I'll check back periodically to see if you guys get it figured out.
                            Mean while, here's a classic movie scene to potentially entertain you on your journey.
                            Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find ...
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                              I'll check back periodically to see if you guys get it figured out.
                              Mean while, here's a classic movie scene to potentially entertain you on your journey.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXVG...eature=related
                              Robert Duvall at his best ! If you listen closely, you can even hear Gus McCrae talking !

Well, the album - it didn't make me a better guitarist, it made me wish to be one: Mahogany Rush - LIVE
                              uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Working...
                              X