X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Mayalls Bluesbreakers w/ Eric Clapton - 1966
    The Beatles - Revolver - 1966
    The Who - Who's Next - 1971

All 3 albums were important for me not only because of the guitar work but the overall composition and structure of a great song. Lyrics, chord changes, bridge, solo...all of these albums to me are integral in any musicians library...
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

HAVE to add Electric Ladyland. Crosstown Traffic singlehandedly changed my life. My old man turned me on to this album and i was never the same. Come to think about it, it may have been the cannabis and being 13 but almost 30 years later, i can hear that tune and be taken away.
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
        Racer X - Second Heat
        Howe II
        Van Halen I or II
        I was into Kiss and already cutting my teeth to Kiss songs but when I heard eruption, it was over.
        Yep, Ed was my influence, there were others that influenced me too but Ed was the main one.
        Your right VH1 and VH2 were the albums I really learned from.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Several have been listed here that I would consider. Two I would add to the list would be...

Loudness - Disillusion
          Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Tiny bit of Guthrie Govans Erotic Cakes wouldnt hurt.
            If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Anything by Korn
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"fuck korn"
                "POOP"

Comment

another one for Rust in Peace. It got me serious about playing guitar and I still can't play half the riffs cleanly.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Anything by Korn
                    honestly though - everything by Al Di Meola
                    also Django Reinhardt

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

"fuck korn"
                      :ROTF:
                      this place never ceases to make me bust up!
                      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                        Eat Em And Smile - DLR
                        Heck yes!
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I also have to go with Van Halen I or II...but I also love SRV's Texas Flood

Comment

Taken by Force

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              Anything by Korn
                              Anything by Korn always makes everyone feel like a better player. :ROTF:
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                Anything by Korn always makes everyone feel like a better player. :ROTF:
                                Ya know, I feel the same way when I listen to it.....but once you're onstage with the axe tuned to "Drop A" and you break in to something like Here to Stay or Right Now on that 70 gague low A string it does get the aggression going and blood boilling.....kinda hard to explain unless you expierience it first hand. Easy as hell to play, but also easy as hell to completely rip into like a rabid dog.
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X