Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll never complain how bad the roads in california are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll never complain how bad the roads in california are!

Most dangerous roads of the world! Shocking!

Last edited by emperor_black; 07-18-2008, 08:38 PM.
    Sam

Thank you so much for posting this.

That picture is something out of one of my nightmares when I'm sitting precariously on a piece of wood up high, and I'm constnatly about to tip over and fall off. Finally I do, but somehow when I hit the bottom I roll over and survive with the wind knocked out of me.

I'm breathing hard just looking at that picture.

As for the Bolivian roads, I've been on roads just like that in mountains in Greece and Spain. Even worse, my wife's grandmother had a house on the side of a mountain off a road like that in Italy, and when we turned off onto the driveway, we literally couldn't see the road over the hood of the car. That's how steep it was. We were going about 1 mph when I said to my wife it would be a good idea if one of us got out so that we didn't miss the bend in the driveway. I was driving, and I really didn't want my wife going out guiding me, but when I suggested the alternative of her clambering over in my driver seat of a Fiat Uno while I stepped out the side of the car, we decided to have her do it. I still have pictures of that driveway going down at a 60 degree angle.

Comment

i took the roads of excess, and it was smooth as a saw.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Danastas, seems like you have first hand experience already. My wife and I went on a honeymoon to a "secluded" mountain resort in India and that drive was almost the same as the Bolivian highway. It was amazing the way those drivers manuevered the vehicles.

Gives a whole new meaning to the Aerosmith song...Livin' on the edge
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          Danastas, seems like you have first hand experience already. My wife and I went on a honeymoon to a "secluded" mountain resort in India and that drive was almost the same as the Bolivian highway. It was amazing the way those drivers manuevered the vehicles.

Gives a whole new meaning to the Aerosmith song...Livin' on the edge
          Wow, you went all out for that honeymoon. Sounds great. Back when I was in my early 20s, this stuff would have never phased me. Now, with a family, I find it petrifying.

When I was a poor intern living in Washington, DC in the 80s, I once lost the key to my apartment. The super said it would cost me $200 to have a locksmith come over. So, I walked into the apartment next to mine on the 4th floor, climbed out the bedroom sliding door, over the rail, and walked across a one foot ledge to my bedroom.

I recently read of a woman doing the same thing. She fell. She died. She had kids.

My experience also informed me that I had to start locking my sliding bedroom glass doors.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Its amazing that people actually drive some of those roads.
            www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

Man, and I was petrified when standing out on the bridge across from Neuschwanstein in southern Germany. Remind me never to go near these roads.
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X