"Rock Weekend 2008" 2-day festival in Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rock Weekend 2008" 2-day festival in Sweden

Just been at the 2-day festival "Rockweekend 2008" here in Sweden. There were 18 bands playing, but we mainly went to see Entombed and Alice Cooper.

Entombed was clearly one of the best and most straightforward shows of the event. However, we were also positively surprised by Helloween and Thin Lizzy (fronted by John Sykes), who both did great gigs. Alice Cooper was good too, of course...but out of his 90's hit material he only played "Poison", and it sounded dreadful. He did the recent stuff and the 70's material without any problems though, and the show was spectacular as usual. The old guy really delivers!

Most badass show was Soilwork, without any doubt. They are the type of band I have a hard time getting into, but the music was fantastic to hear live! And it was performed with confidence and finesse. Mad props.

Alice Cooper has a Belgian dude from Antwerp, who I know, at the drums. He's cool and a monster drummer!

At least last time I saw him, which was like 3 years ago at Graspop or something.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, Alice's drummer was good.
      He and Alice went really nuts on the drums in drum solo co-op.

Oh yeah, Arch Enemy was supposed to play as well. I really wanted to see them, but they had to cancel, because their drummer got ill.

Comment

Working...
      X