Hey All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey All

Greetings. My name is Dan. New to the board and just wanted to say hi. Love the idea of a Jackson forum and have really enjoyed and learned much from the posts.

You all know the story. Played a lot in early years, set it aside, have now in encroaching old age taken it up again, determined, this time, to do it right by breaking all my old bad habits and rebuilding a solid technical foundation from scratch. I've been at it about 2 years and have made a lot of progress but have many miles to go before I sleep.

I have an RR3 which I got used. Had the DD pickups replaced with real Duncans (an invader in the bridge, which I'm not crazy about, and a jazz in the neck which I like). The guitar is boomy on the bass end. Got a used Marshall JCM2000 which goes to an incredibly decrepit no-name 2x12 of which only 1 speaker is currently working (which is fine for what I'm doing). The Marshall wouldn't have been my first choice but it was the deal at the time. When I'm a better player I'd like to get a soloist.

That's about it for now. Great board. Look forward to posting more.

Welcome!!!
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Welcome to the board man. Enjoy.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Hello to you.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Welcome!
          "POOP"

Comment

Welcome Danno!
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Welcome!

And now that your here, that soloist is closer than you think, lol.

Seriously,...and i'm not the first to say it.

Comment

Woot, a Philadelphian! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Board!

Pete
                  www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

welcome prepare for serious gas lol
                    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Uhh, isn't running a tube head into a 2x12 with only one functioning speaker bad? I mean, a dead speaker doesn't do its share of the load, right? So if 2 speakers are wired for 4 Ohm operation, and one of them is toast, then that leaves the other one running at 8 Ohms, and the amp is trying to do 4 Ohms?

I'm not much on amps, so it's probably not an issue, but still, I'd like to know.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Welcome, fellow eastern Pennsylvanian!

If you're unhappy with the Invader, try a JB or a Screamin' Demon. Or try some different speakers in the cab, maybe some Vintage 30s.

I share Newc's thoughts about the impedance settings. If the second speaker is broken, unhook it and set the amp to match the one working speaker.
                        Scott

Comment

welcome! Hope you like it here. I.m not even playing a jackson or charvel atm but there's always nice guitars to look at and some of these guys i would treat like a brother! Now if only i could afford that san dimas...

Comment

Hey back to everyone. Thanks for all the greetings. As to the amp issue noted by some, I have the amp set for 8 ohms of resistance and the remaining speaker is rated 8 ohms; that and the fact that I'm playing at low levels (like not audible in the rest of my house from the basement) led me to believe that this wouldn't be problematic for the working speaker....but then again, what the hell do I know? Shout out to CharvelRocker and Spivonious, fellow eastern PA'ers.

On amps, anybody ever read the MesaBoogie publication by Randall Smith about class A configuration? Very interesting article and available for free at the Mesa site. Deep stuff but pretty cool.

Comment

I should add, too, regarding the 2x12 that I disconnected the bad speaker and removed it entirely from the cab before playing as described above.

Comment

Working...
                              X