No announcement yet.

Need some career advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen Best Buy employees with long hair. There are a few here. They have it back in a ponytail.

Good luck man. Career choices are always difficult.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Nooooo, not a ponytail.

We all know that a ponytail is something that you find hanging over a horse's arsehole.

(Yep, I had a ponytail for years too)
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
        Nooooo, not a ponytail.

We all know that a ponytail is something that you find hanging over a horse's arsehole.

(Yep, I had a ponytail for years too)
        wait did he just call me a horses ass?

Comment

hey gil, not sure if it will help, but i was in a band with the guy who is now the vp of sales at washburn. he started out as a set up tech many moons ago. if you send your resume in, i'll get in touch with him and see if i can be of assistance.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully. How does he like washburn? is it a good company to work for? How are the benefits? I'm even more confused now then i was 2 days ago. I talked it over with the family and they say best buy because of the money and the location. Its about as far as im driving now. Just more south than east. Im still thinking washburn But sis brought up some goo dpoints like the distance and winter is comming. 290 sucks as it is and its even worse when its snowing. Plus the extra wear and tear on my car. And it's not much more than im making now. So i would be making the same as i am now. With the price of gas. And spend alott more time in the car. I love my car but i hate sittin in traffic. nless i can get close to what best buy is willing to pay it almost isnt worth it. I dont know anymore. Best buy would give me the extra cash i need and want to do what i want. like buy all those guitars i want.
            Gil

Comment

Get this and read it.

http://www.daveramsey.com/shop/48_Da..._-_P367C31.cfm
              My Toys:
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
              '94 Dinky HX in Black
              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Traffic wise go with best buy. If you have to go to mundelin east and north bound really sucks in the am. I drive almost 50 miles one way to work against the heavy traffic and I spend almost $300 a month on gas.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                  Sully. How does he like washburn?

the best answer i can give you is that he has worked there for 20 years.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OK So i did the Best Buy online application last night. I got a call today for an interview. I was stoked. So i call the lady back. Only to fin shes at lunch. So i leave a message to call me back. Which she does. She wants to schedule an interview. She tells me the only position she has available full time is sales assitant. ( aka glorified phone answerer. The only position they have in sales is part time customer assistant. Which means i would be required to go form dept to dept where it's busy and im needed. Nothin in the music dept. Go Figure. SO I do the math on the Washburn thing and With the milage and the price of gas. I woudl actually be making less per hour than i am now. And be putting a ton of miles on my car. And my sister brought up a god point about that mileage. I have a smart buy and Im limited to the mileage i cn put on it. If i want a resonable trade in value when the term is up. So it looks like im screwed. And im stuck at GC for now. Hopefully things will improve. Even tho it seemed today they had gotten worse.
                    Gil

Comment

dude you're lucky the BB people called you at all - I applied to several locations there both in the Boston and Detroit Metropolitan areas and never got any replies. Actually I applied to GC Boston as well and never heard anything. And I'm someone who is extremely intelligent and, in person, gets along great with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                        Thanks for posting that

Comment

TheTroy. Those online surveys are a killer sometimes. Not in the fact that they're a bitch to do But or so a killer of jobs. Alot of good people get prescreened right out of the job. When in the old days that same person may have well been the next co. CEO with time. Ya just gotta know how to manipulate the survey. It;s more of a charactor thing that those tests reveal than anything else. So try again if desired and think how would they want you to answer the questions. But be carefull they duplicate the questions a few times just worded differantly.
                          Gil

Comment

A bit off topic but how many forum members actually believe they will support themselves with music? I played at night with a regular day job and at best I only broke even with music.
                            I still have friends that I see and they are alway talking about going into the studio next month or they got the house gig at a certain club. At what point do you give up?
                            No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                              A bit off topic but how many forum members actually believe they will support themselves with music? I played at night with a regular day job and at best I only broke even with music.
                              I still have friends that I see and they are alway talking about going into the studio next month or they got the house gig at a certain club. At what point do you give up?
                              I don't intend to make a dime off of music. I'm a math major and will probably end up in finance. I don't think I would like playing as much if it were a job.

Comment

and by giving up I mean playing in bars, etc... Not stop playing all together. My family has never suffered from my guitar purchases or me staying out late playing at a bar but I still run into guys that are happy making $200 a weekend playing with a crappy weekday job. I guess I am getting far away from the original thread but I have been dealing with this issue lately.
                                No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Working...
                                X