X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great idea for home studio workstations

Saw this at the Safety Conference I went to last week in Nashville:

http://www.cessiergonomics.com/Defau...ProductID=1626

My first thought was loading it up with home studio gear (PC, monitors, drum/MIDI units, etc).

I told the guy at the booth he should really get these into the next NAMM show, saying they'd be great for musicians since you don't have to lean over to reach anything, and he said he'd never thought of it in that scenario.

I'm 6'6", and standing in front of the display he had set up, I could have reached the keyboard, mouse, and any tabletop gear (drum machine, MIDI controllers, etc) without having to lean at all.

They also have programmable presets so you can go from a customized standing-to-play position to sitting-to-master position at the push of a button in just a few seconds.

Pretty much by the time you took your guitar off and set it on a stand or on a wall hook, the desk is in position to master what you've just recorded.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I have had plans on building a similar thing for my room for a little bit now, with a monitor rise (both screen and speaker).

Pretty sure I can get away with it for less then $2k too

Comment

Looks pretty cool, but $2000?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        Looks pretty cool, but $2000?

+1
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Well, you do have to consider the fact that the motors are very quiet, but I don't know if they're RF shielded - wouldn't want stray hum in your recordings (but then again...)

I don't see how it's not worth $2K at least, even though they do have less expensive but smaller setups.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ah, it adjusts the height. I totally missed that the first time I looked at the page.

Better have enough slack in all of the cables
            Scott

Comment

Yeah didnt notice the height thing before either. I usually play sitting down, which apparently saved me about $1500

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Ah, it adjusts the height.

Better have enough slack in all of the cables

That would be funny as hell unless it was my studio, of course.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I can get desks/tables like that in the UK for 1/4 to 1/2 that price.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It looks like an interesting luxury, but I can think of better ways to spend $2K in my home studio. Like for example, a nice mic pre, or something else that makes my recordings sound better. And as for the motor noise, why the hell would you tracking while your table is going up and down anyways?

Comment

Working...
                    X