Still after all these years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still after all these years...

Of playing guitars, holding guitars in my hands, working on guitars, trading guitars and building guitars a guy could get burned out. Not me. To this day nothing makes me happier than grabbing one of my favorites and just hammering away for a few hours, even if all by myself. Better in front of a huge crowd of course, but it's the music that matters most.

I'm with you Ace. I was just having this discussion with a friend tonight about this. I've had my high dollar sports cars, jet skis, boats and other assorted guy toys. But none of those things compare to jammin out on my guitars. Especially with a talented band and big crowd. I am addicted!
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

(a guitar is)the only thing i held in my hands as long as my pud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
        (a guitar is)the only thing i held in my hands as long as my pud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best quote ever, lol. I never really get tired of it. I just got tired of not having a decent amp to play through.
        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

True dat....

Comment

Ace is the only one here that held ALL my geetars too..not my pud...maybe next time!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

agreed! There's always something to create and something to learn. Hell i've been learning jazz today!

Comment

I took about a year off guitar in 96/97, but when I picked it up again I had the same passion for it that I did when I first got one. Haven't put it down since then.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've got 36 years in as of July 8, and I love it more than ever. I lost a lot of dexterity from the stroke, and while that bums me out every day, I also appreciate it more too, because I don't take it for granted that I will always be able to play.

It's a beautiful gift to learn this love for the guitar, to have it to comfort you when you're down, to fly upon when you're on top of your game. To express your mood whatever it is through music is a magical thing. We're damn lucky we found this.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm pretty convinced that if it wasn't for guitars I would be in a biker gang.

Comment

Working...
                    X