Anyone else fish?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else fish?!

I just got back from a river float fishing trip with my best friend. He lives in Atlanta, and it's our yearly get together trip. Since I live in West Virginia, we decided to go somewhere a little more central to him this year.

We booked a guided overnight float fishing trip in western North Carolina on the Nolichucky River and we had a great time. We talked a bunch of trash, caught a lot of fish, enjoyed some great outdoors, drank a few beers, and ate like kings.

The guide we used was Chad at NC On The Fly and they were awesome! I highly recommend them. http://www.nconthefly.com/

Wow, looks like a great day there mate!

Comment

Fantastic. Pretty good large mouth action I suppose?

Went out a few weeks ago with my Dad- Caught a channel cat on a rooster tail, running it at least 20 feet off the bottom. Sucker came up and nailed it. Weird! I've never caught one running a lure before.

Vass

Comment

Smallmouth bass. They're more aggressive than largemouth, and fight twice as hard. Fun as hell to catch. I'm lucky to have a couple of great smallmouth streams close to me that I fish, the New and Greenbrier Rivers.

I've seen a couple of channel catfish caught on crankbaits before, so I'm not surprised by the rooster tail catch. I did have a friend catch a carp on a spider jig one time. That was pretty weird. No, the jig was not in a corn pattern or corn colored either.

Comment

I love to fish, The smallies kick ass! Try the potomac in little orleans MD or Paw Paw west Virginia, really nice small mouth action there, as well as some fantastic Trout fishing if you head upstream a ways. Nice pics thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Nice! Looks like you had a good time.

I like to fish too. In fact I am supposed to be in Colorado fly fishing right now. Unfortunatly, I just changed companies and they weren't too keen on me taking 3 days of two weeks in.

Comment

I've been fishing for over 45 years. My favorite is largemouth bass fishing on either Toledo Bend Lake or Caddo Lake. Fishing for Smallies in Arkansas is a blast too. I've also fished for rainbows, salmon, and artic graylings in Alaska.

But the absolute most fun is to deep sea fish about 40 miles out of Cameron, Louisiana at an area called the Flower Gardens. During the day, you troll around the coral reef for marlin, sailfish, king mackeral, dolphin, shark, etc. At night, you anchor over the reef and fish for red snapper, black snapper, grouper, trigger fish, etc, etc.

Great pictures! Glad you had a blast!
              "POOP"

Comment

Dude..come down to Lake Martin Alabama. I can put you on some huge catfish. There is also some great bass fishing but the cat fishing spawned the line "too drunk to fish". Drop chicken parts down 100 feet and drink until you get a bite.:ROTF:
                No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                  Smallmouth bass. They're more aggressive than largemouth, and fight twice as hard. Fun as hell to catch. I'm lucky to have a couple of great smallmouth streams close to me that I fish, the New and Greenbrier Rivers.

I've seen a couple of channel catfish caught on crankbaits before, so I'm not surprised by the rooster tail catch. I did have a friend catch a carp on a spider jig one time. That was pretty weird. No, the jig was not in a corn pattern or corn colored either.

Sonofabitch. I was looking at your photos and saying, "Those are smallmouth", but the one you're holding up I figured the coloration was just different from up here, and the mouth looked decently large, so figured it was an ok sized Largemouth. Up here in Jersey smallmouth of that size are not common. I see now the tigerstripes.

Even a small smallmouth has a ton of dynamite in it, to that I will agree wholeheartedly.

I need to move south. Or be a better angler. Probably the latter.

Vass

Comment

sea fishing is great too . i go down to the coast once or twice a year and rent a
                    boat out and spend a few hours arsing about having a few beers with my mates
                    "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

If you haven't tried it before, try Fly Fishing for smallmouth in river and stuff exactly how you are fishing in those pictures, Fly Fishing puts alot more excitement into bass fishing for me, although, Smallmouth do fight fine on spinning gear aswell, aslong as you are on relatively light tackle (I fish for Pike with 6 pound line )

actually I am headed out to the east coast of Canada in a couple weeks, and we are gonna fish for Brook Trout, you catch about a million of them

my Personal best fish was about a 20 pound Pike, and then a 5/6 pound Largemouth.

I'd have to say that fishing and playing guitar is a tie for the #1 hobby in my books
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                        I've been fishing for over 45 years. My favorite is largemouth bass fishing on either Toledo Bend Lake or Caddo Lake. Fishing for Smallies in Arkansas is a blast too. I've also fished for rainbows, salmon, and artic graylings in Alaska.

But the absolute most fun is to deep sea fish about 40 miles out of Cameron, Louisiana at an area called the Flower Gardens. During the day, you troll around the coral reef for marlin, sailfish, king mackeral, dolphin, shark, etc. At night, you anchor over the reef and fish for red snapper, black snapper, grouper, trigger fish, etc, etc.

Great pictures! Glad you had a blast!

Dolphin???? DOLPHIN?????
                        Let me guess, your idea of having a good day's fishing and having a blast is to open a few cans of cold beer and chuck sticks of dynamite into the water, leisurely gaffing the stunned dolphin that float to the surface, before taking them home to be turned into a pair of dolphin-skin cowboy boots? You fucking rotter!
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

This is a dolphin "fish," a.k.a. Dorado a.k.a. Mahi-Mahi.
                          "POOP"

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhh, that's OK then. Carry on, nothing to see here......

Nice catch. Fish looks nice too.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

By the way, what is a "fucking rotter?"
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X