Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
    By the way, what is a "fucking rotter?"
    I think I know..an old girlfriend comes to mind!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
      I just got back from a river float fishing trip with my best friend. He lives in Atlanta, and it's our yearly get together trip. Since I live in West Virginia, we decided to go somewhere a little more central to him this year.

We booked a guided overnight float fishing trip in western North Carolina on the Nolichucky River and we had a great time. We talked a bunch of trash, caught a lot of fish, enjoyed some great outdoors, drank a few beers, and ate like kings.

The guide we used was Chad at NC On The Fly and they were awesome! I highly recommend them. http://www.nconthefly.com/

Yeah, nice Smallmouth! Smallies are brawlers to be sure. You'll be battling with them only to see it surface and think "that's it?"

I haven't fished much in the last couple of years, but I used to go all the time. I would usually wade the rivers for Smallmouth and Trout, with trout fishing being my favorite. I was never really able to get the fly thing down, so I usually toss Panther Martins and Roostertails on light spinning tackle. I remember when I was up in Cheboygan fishing the Black River trying in vain on my first outing with dry flies. At one point when I looked down, a school of Brookies swam between my legs. They were under water of course but I swear I could hear them laughing at me as I would cast into trees and brush almost every time... Little bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
        Dude..come down to Lake Martin Alabama. I can put you on some huge catfish. There is also some great bass fishing but the cat fishing spawned the line "too drunk to fish". Drop chicken parts down 100 feet and drink until you get a bite.:ROTF:
        Big Al, What part of Lake Martin are you talking about?

Comment

Can you say "Nothern Pike" aka:Water Wolf

"They look like fish,ONLY smaller" .I love to fish too.UpState NY has killer fishing.My brothers friend caught this monster "Northern Pike", he actually caught a 7-8lbs. . upon reeling it this Beast came out of nowhere and tried to eat it.See the pix in the water.
          This isn't even a record, enjoy. These Northerns eat Ducks,walleyes,small/large mouth bass.

Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Man, that's incredible! Are pikes edible or are they extremely bony?
            "POOP"

Comment

8.57 lbs largemouth caught on Caddo Lake using a 1/4 oz. white buzzbait
              "POOP"

Comment

8.57 lbs largemouth caught on Caddo Lake using a 1/4 oz. white buzzbait
                Nice! Is that a replica mount? Thank to all for the compliments too!

Comment

Yes. Caddo Lake has a program that any fish over 8 lbs, they will build an exact size replica if you will release the fish back into the lake. Great program.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Yes. Caddo Lake has a program that any fish over 8 lbs, they will build an exact size replica if you will release the fish back into the lake. Great program.
                    Awesome! My largest greenie was at least 4 pounds. I didn't have a set of scales with me, but the fish measured 20 inches. Growing season here in West Virginia isn't too long especially when compared to other states.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                      "They look like fish,ONLY smaller" .I love to fish too.UpState NY has killer fishing.My brothers friend caught this monster "Northern Pike", he actually caught a 7-8lbs. . upon reeling it this Beast came out of nowhere and tried to eat it.See the pix in the water.
                      This isn't even a record, enjoy. These Northerns eat Ducks,walleyes,small/large mouth bass.

that's one hell of a gator! JEEZUS!

they are certainly a monstrous fish, they fight great, and are tough-as-nails

They are edible, if you get around the bones
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

WTF is that..???!!!

That's not fishin'..that's the Loch Ness sumbitch.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by FATKAT View Post
                          Big Al, What part of Lake Martin are you talking about?
                          Off of chimney rock and also by the dam for cats. For bass, up around blue creek. We have a place on Pleasure Point.
                          Are you familiar with Martin?
                          No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post

Damn dude, that is a friggen HUGE pike! I don't think I've ever seen a Northern that big. That is Muskie size. Wow...

Comment

Yes, but what tune does it sing? I fucking hate those Christmas tune ones.
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Mine is programmed to sing "Breadline" by Megadeth.
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X