Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw some beer horses last night (56k beware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw some beer horses last night (56k beware)

Check it out! Talk about HUGE...

More pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/troyguitar/Horsies

They're so awesome. And you're right, seeing them on TV, or even in this thread, doesn't convey just how massive they really are. If a quarterhorse makes a race horse look tiny (and they do), if you put one of these next to the quarterhorse, the quarterhorse I would imagine is going to look like a poodle.

The record Clydesdale is 20 hands high, and they get up to a ton +. That's a shitload of horse.

And, of course, they're just beautiful animals as well. I don't think they are ever ridden, but if they were, it would have to be one big SOB to not look like a child up there.

Vass
    Last edited by Vass; 07-28-2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

They look so cool. But, why are the tails cut? Not to crash buildings while swnging it?
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        They look so cool. But, why are the tails cut? Not to crash buildings while swnging it?

I'm guessing to keep it out of their fellow's faces

Vass

Comment

Awesome animals. I got to see them here one time. Very huge! Spoiled rotten too, they have a guy that just walks around and wipes their mouths off if they start to slober around the bit.
          They also are trained to walk to the volume of the music. When the music stops, they stop. It's really cool to see them.

Great pics troy!!

Comment

I love how they completely dwarf the cars in the parking lot as they're walking by.

The guys there said these ones were 2000-2500 lbs each. I never realized they were that big - reminded me a bit of a moose.

Comment

They even have the dalmation sitting with the drivers...pretty cool. My father's got a silver miniature of the horses and carriage, and it's spot on. I can't believe they fit in those stalls in the trailer!

Now the question is whether Bud's new Belgium owners are gonna allow the Clydes to continue.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yeah, cool horses. I saw them at Bush gardens in VA. They are huge, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post

Now the question is whether Bud's new Belgium owners are gonna allow the Clydes to continue.
                  My guess is they won't change a thing. They're smart enough not to fuck up a solid business.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                    They look so cool. But, why are the tails cut?
                    One word - Winnits.

Of course the Belgians aren't going to mess with these beautiful beasts. But if they happen to go missing and the Chocolate-loving kiddy-fiddlers happen to be in town, it will be pure coincidence, and not in any way related to the Continental love of horse steaks.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yeah I see those down the street from every time I take the kids to Busch Gardens...and drink free Beer Samples...(ahem) my wife watches the kids when I do that.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                        Check it out! Talk about HUGE...

More pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/troyguitar/Horsies
                        How did I know there would be a horses ass in this thread ? And not just because I posted in here....

Comment

Working...
                        X