Going to Seattle tomorrow - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Seattle tomorrow - Help

All: I'm headed to Seattle for vacation tomorrow and want to take a guitar, but am afraid because of the horror stories I've heard about from the airlines. I have a direct flight, so there should be no mishaps of it going to the wrong plane. (I plan on carrying it to the gate) Will they make me check it there? It's in a hardcase, so I don;t know what the process is. Shed some light for me on what I should do/expect.

Thanks

Also, don't know if it matters, but I'm flying alaska air.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Very doubtful you will be able to carry it on, if that's what your asking, unless you bought a seat for it

Whenever i've flown, it get's checked right when you get your ticket, before you go to the gate, the only thing you take to the gate is your carry on, and a guitar is a bit big to fit in an overhead compartment.

Comment

If it's a bolt on, take the neck off and put the whole thing in your suitcase.

Thats how I do it.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

+1 That's what I've done bringing guitars to Canada from back home in the UK...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

bring some sunshine with you also.
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

it's been sunny till today?
            personaly i can't wait till greys up a bit

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
              bring some sunshine with you also.

:ROTF::ROTF:

I'm told the weekend is suppose to be in the mid to upper 70's. Here in my part of "sunny CA", we've had nothing but fog and lots of wind. I don't think it's been over 65 for weeks now.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

It is Seafair weekend. Picked a good time if you like Hydros and the Blue Angles.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                X