New Metallica song played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Metallica song played

Metallica playing new song at the Ozzfest 2008 Dallas/Frisco Texas song called Cyanide Poniendo en alto el nombre de Piedras Negras en Dallas Texas !!

Pretty bad quality, but still AWESOME.

Sounds like fucking JUSTICE + TBA + some new Metallica

Seriously, this sounds pretty fucking mindblowing.

Some (MOP-fanish/old school) reviewer also said this was his LEAST favorite song of the album, and I think it sounds AWESOME, so I have gigantically high hopes now.

When they played that little harmony bit, I secretly came in my pants. I love all of their albums (except some stuff on Saint Anger), but DAMMIT hearing those Harmonies again sounds SO RIGHT.
    Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 08-10-2008, 03:01 AM.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

That makes two of us, that was great ..loved the tempo changes, and did I detect some melody in there..I fuckin think so!!

Comment

Bleh. They sound more and more like Soundgarden with every album, and this follows that pattern.

Comment

loved those Jimmy Page-ish grooves... hated the guitar solo
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Not gonna hold my breath. Or pay for it when it comes out. They'd had the last penny off me they'll ever get. St Anger was without a single redeeming factor.
          I don't hear anything like Justice on this song, it just sounds like every other Metallica song since the 90's. And he's still singing like a twat.
          Pish.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

sounds like they are trying too hard. i only made it to the solo before i got bored. i MAY give the new album a chance, but we'll see....

and for the record, i am not clinging to MOP-era metallica. that is my least favorite album of theirs. i just wish they'd release an album that sounds like "kill 'em all" every couple of years, or just do "load" and be done with it.

and i HATE that bass player with them. he looks retarded in all of his weird poses and crab-walks and crap. plus, i think he's too good for them.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

checked out another one of the links the metallica.com rip one sounds better.

the song, well, not blown away, it feels a bit sporadic, like riffs and parts thrown together, not exactly fluid, the chorus hook part is cool, but the whole song fells like frankenstien together parts of parts, but i wasn't expecting much anyway, however i think this will sound better on the radio, which isn't saying a whole lot considering whats played on the radio but.. like to hear some other tracks.

Comment

nevermind...
                Last edited by eakinj; 08-10-2008, 01:11 PM.
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

here is a better quality version.

It sounds kinda promising

Comment

I enjoyed it. Metallica threads always reek of jealousy.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                      I enjoyed it. Metallica threads always reek of jealousy.
                      Ha ha! Or maybe Metallica fans just wish they weren't shit nowadays.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                        Ha ha! Or maybe Metallica fans just wish they weren't shit nowadays.
                        Count me as one that thought the black album was shit, still went to 4 shows that tour, enjoyed the shit out of those couple years and mostly felt nauseous with what they were doing for the next several albums. Some of the lyrics are bad, but that's typical for all of their albums I liked. I'm not big on lyrics anyway.

Comment

Sweet! What's with the single U.S. Ozzfest date though?

Comment

Crappy recording really hard to make sense of it.
                            I guess we'll see in September?
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

terrible song

Comment

Working...
                              X