Hitting Women.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said....
    She hit him. She doesn't have any ground to stand on on THAT issue.

Now, the undesired contact, situation harassment etc...
    There are people that make some mad $$$ over situations like that.

Retaliation is just stupid. I think anybody that would tell you to kick his ass etc is a absolute moron. Yes, I would have those DESIREs if it were my mom, but as humans we have to be rational. I say play the law and conduct rules first.

If those let you down, then you lace up your boots and deliver justice.

But in this corporate ethics era we live in, it would be very easy to file a greivance, et a lawyer involved etc etc.... and it will have the company kissing her ass.

Comment

Fuck all that bullshit.

I'm usually the first one to say "go the legal route, don't do anything illegal". Not this time.

Like Mark said, I'm oldschool too. You don't hit women. And I expect others to do the same as I do. Especially when it comes to my Mom.

Now my Mom has been retired for some time and is in her mid 70's but even when she was younger I would have felt the same way.

Kick his ass and take the punishment with a smile on my face. But you have to do it the same day. Same day. That's the only way you can "justify" it.

See I'd go in front of the judge and appeal to his humanity and his love for his mother. I believe if it went down the way it was stated, a judge would understand if it was the same day. Not saying you'd get away with it but you might come out with a fine. No biggie. I'd pay it and it would be worth it.

You can't use weapons either. That makes it worse.

As for treating women as equals, I don't see how that applies to physical violence. You get it just as much trouble hitting a random man as you would a random female. There is your equality. But that doesn't equate to "I'll kick your fucking ass if you so much as touch me". That's pretty fucking weak man.

EDIT: And what would all you guys say if it was his wife? I'd be interested to know that. What if a coworker hit and brused your wife? As I see it, my Wife is just a slightly above my Mother. So same deal for both women.
      Last edited by Bengal; 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I went back and reread your opening thread subject a couple of times. Having worked in corporate America since 1975 and having formal training in human resources, I'd first have to ask "why was this guy continually harassing your mother?"

I guess what I'm saying is that 'we" may not be getting the whole story. In other words, if she called him an arrogant prick, harassment started at that point. He may have followed it up with "you stinking *****, you *****, you ****" which then may have led to further comments from your mother which in turn led to her striking him. Regardless, it should have never gotten to the point, no matter who started the process. Verbal abuse in the work place is viewed just as bad as physical abuse.

Your mother should have immediately contacted someone in HR. She screwed up by hitting the jerk, but she could always claim that she was in fear of her safety. Most companies have a zero tolerance policy for this type of behavior and unless there were actual witnesses to the event, your mom could be in just as much hot water as jerkmeister.

For future reference, tell mom to zip her lip, keep her mits to herself, and if need be, call HR and let them deal with Mr. Jerkoff. As far as you getting involved, don't. As much as you would like to make it your battle, stay out of it.
        "POOP"

Comment

Well, it looks like someone else has their head on right!

Comment

No one wants to answer my hypothetical question?

What if it was his wife? I know it's diluting the arguement a bit but I would like to see how those who would run to HR about this would answer that question.

What if it was your wife? Would you still just say to her, "well, it might be your fault. You did call him a name. Best go see Mary Jane Rottencrotch in HR and see if they can settle it for you".

I bet it would be "game on" if it was your wife. It should be nothing less with your Mother.

And I'm usually the guy who gets railed for following the law. Remember the downloading thread? But in this issue, it goes way beyond Human Resources and Inter Office Bylaw bullshit.
            Last edited by Bengal; 08-12-2008, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

Most companies have a zero tolerance policy for this type of behavior and unless there were actual witnesses to the event, your mom could be in just as much hot water as jerkmeister.
              Bingo. That's the main problem, she doesn't want to risk losing her job, at the sake of getting him fired. That would prove pointless if that asshole is out of a job, and so is she.

I found out a day after it had happened, and I was about ready to go beat him down. If It was the day of, I would have dominated him.

The legal route is not the case on this one, as I stated earlier, my mom does not want him in jail or anything, she knows him, she doesn't want that to happen to him.

I think the best case is confrontation, I'm going to catch him when he's outside of his other job, with some friends/cousins, and see what he has to say. I'm not necessarily going to beat him, I'll make him be very aware that , that was his first and final chance with hitting any women, despite the circumstances. I'm only bringing my friends/cousins, mainly because, a bit of my friends are really big dudes, and my cousins are fucking huge. This guy is about 5'10 and 250-270 of pure lard disguistingess. I doubt he'd be intimidated by just me. It will start by a mature conversation, and if he decides to be immature about it, it will possibly end with me in handcuffs.

Originally posted by thetroy View Post

Do we treat women as equals or not? You can't have it both ways.
              Although I'm not sure if this is the way you feel, and you're just stating some random nonsense. If anyone lives by this motto, they need to be a man and step up to the fucking plate. My God, I'm fucking 17, and perhaps I'm old school, I was told you never hit women. You just don't fucking do it. Genetics, facts, whatever - Most men are stronger than women, bigger, and more vicious. Unless you're going to hit some god damn women body builder, men automatically have the upper hand. It's a pathetic, coward, dirtbag act to punch a women, even more so to justify it as "Women want to be treated equally".
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

JS, Do ya want me to talk to him for ya..???

Pay for my flight ticket to CA..I'll take care of everything. Is your mommy cute? We could discuss adoption as an option..

Poppa Bubz
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My official stance is to allow the channels to be handle it so no one gets a free ride to stinky hotel.

Something to keep in mind before the cops show up is this. There is two sides to a fight, the one doing the ass kicking, and the guy taking the ass kicking. Now the person who gets his ass kicked there is a little thing called evidence, such as bruises, blood, knife in the groin, so on... And then the ass kicker only has his story about why he did it. Now approach it from the stand point of a court system. Evidence is much stronger than hear say. Just something to think about.

P.S. Whoop his ass! Mom is mom and no one will ever get away hitting my mom. Most cops will see your side of it very clearly. But not all...

Comment

Originally posted by dk1ben View Post
                    My official stance is to allow the channels to be handle it so no one gets a free ride to stinky hotel.

Something to keep in mind before the cops show up is this. There is two sides to a fight, the one doing the ass kicking, and the guy taking the ass kicking. Now the person who gets his ass kicked there is a little thing called evidence, such as bruises, blood, knife in the groin, so on... And then the ass kicker only has his story about why he did it. Now approach it from the stand point of a court system. Evidence is much stronger than hear say. Just something to think about.

P.S. Whoop his ass! Mom is mom and no one will ever get away hitting my mom. Most cops will see your side of it very clearly. But not all...

Absolutely!!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      No one wants to answer my hypothetical question?
                      Sure, I'll answer it. Let me first say, I was married twice for 20 years. I do know that women can get diarrhea of the mouth. You've never been put in a bad situation by a mouthy woman?

If my wife came home and said that a fat slob had hit her in the arm, I'd first ask what caused jerkwad to hit her and then I'd ask what she did to correct the problem. Depending on her response, I'd then decide my next action, if any. One things for sure and that is no one will be privy to my next move.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Stop being a testosterone flooded caveman. Going over there with other guys and beating him up is a cowardly, scummy thing to do.

If you have to do something, go over there and talk to him politely. Don't act like a child.
                        Why so serious?

Comment

Go at alone, if your uncomfortable physically then dont go with the intention to intimindate him. Just have a heart to heart and hear his side and let be know that you never under any circumstance hit a girl/women.

I'm totally old school and would just assume kick ass and move on but its not like we live in a 12yr olds on the playground world anymore. You kick ass, you get arrested, jailed, fined and sued. Its a legal world these days and pansies would rather cal the cops if you stepped on their grass than come and say "would you mind not walking on my grass"
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                            Sure, I'll answer it. Let me first say, I was married twice for 20 years. I do know that women can get diarrhea of the mouth. You've never been put in a bad situation by a mouthy woman?

If my wife came home and said that a fat slob had hit her in the arm, I'd first ask what caused jerkwad to hit her and then I'd ask what she did to correct the problem. Depending on her response, I'd then decide my next action, if any. One things for sure and that is no one will be privy to my next move.
                            I'm convinced that some really bad women have fucked up a lot of good dudes around here.

Well, that's the big thing. I'm sure guys like you and I wouldn't go looking for advise on this subject on an internet post board. But the OP is a bit young and I give him credit for asking for advise before just going out and getting into a confrontation. I just would go a different route.

But one thing is for sure, I'm sure most of you would beat this dudes ass if it was your wife/girlfriend/whateveryoukidsdonowdays.

My assumption is a Mom is about as great as a Wife. In my book anyway.

If my wife came home with some other dudes knuckels brused on her arm (remember that's how it was stated-the blow caused a bruse-we are not talking about a run-of-the-mill punch in the arm) it would be over for that dude. If that makes me a "testosterone flooded caveman" so be it. I'm cool with that.

Comment

Hey Jacksons Shred, I do believe lerxstcat said you look like a lady
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well I'm obviously getting pointed at for not being "old school" here. I'll just say this:

You clowns are saying "Don't hit women."

I'm saying "Don't hit people."

You're painting it like I actually approve of his actions. I'm simply saying that they both screwed up - not just him.

Comment

Working...
                                X