Hitting Women.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

If my wife came home with some other dudes knuckels brused on her arm (remember that's how it was stated-the blow caused a bruse-we are not talking about a run-of-the-mill punch in the arm) it would be over for that dude. If that makes me a "testosterone flooded caveman" so be it. I'm cool with that.
    I was in somewhat of a similar situation several years ago, a guy had hit my girlfriend for reasons I wont go into here. Taking into consideration all the circumstances at the time I decided not to do anything, even though I was steaming pissed. To this day there's a part of me that wishes I'd gone and, "did what needed to be done". But I know that with as pissed off as I was at the time I would probably be in jail today instead of posting about "that time many years ago when I wish I'd manned up and taken care of business"...

Same thing applies to a recent situation with my neighbor. By all rights I probably should have beat that guy to a pulp for the BS he's put my family and I over the last two years, but I didn't. Instead I decided to make his life a living hell by calling the cops on him repeatedly for noise violations. I took pictures of him grilling on his balcony with a gas grill and then called the fire marshall and he was fined. I had his girlfriend's car towed because the spots are reserved for residents and she doesn't live here. Eventually he got so sick of losing that he gave up and stopped messing with us.

I know I said earlier to "break his knee" if he does it again, but now that I think about it that's probably the wrong thing to do. Don't whoop his ass, find another way to resolve the situation that doesn't involve you doing anything illegal. It takes a little more time to do and it's not the same gratification you get from beating someone's ass, but it's worth it in the end, I know from experience.

Just a thought....

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

I agree with THeTROY. However there are consequnces for our actions. Especailly now adays. Every body wants to sew some body and they're just looking for a reason to do it. Yes the evidence of the bruise speaks volumes about the guy. But with an investigation and witnesses etc. It could go wrong. And both could end up fired and or arrested. Then nobody wins. And Im "old school" I would pound the guy to china if some one ever touched my sister,mom,niece,g/f,wife. female friend, what have you.
      My friend Rachel was beet up by her ex b/f and thrown against walls etc. He had never hit her before that. But he did once. When she told me about it. I wanted to go make him feel the physical pain he gave her. But my rational side kicked in and said if i swing first i would go to jail. I don't need an assault charge. Im a big guy and i probably couldve inflicted some pain on him. Put if i broke my hands on his face i might not be able to play my guitars. Seeing the rational sie of things doesnt make some one a pussy. It makes them more of a man for not just pounding someone to a pulp for the sake of it. A foolish man fights and a wise man walks away.
      just my opinion for what its worth.
      Gil

Comment

chloriform him, tie him up and drive to the woods.
        Then remove him from the car and tie him up to a tree with thin rope around his legs and torso and neck.

Be somewhere so loud yelling won't be heard.

Get out your trusty exacto knife and proceed to make hundreds of small cuts over his body - them rub some salt into them.

Then pour lots of honey all over him and on the ground all around him.

Get out the beach chair and the 12 -pack and have a seat for a few hours.

First, the bugs will find him. Then when your back home as the sun goes down the night hunters will find him.

Come back the next day with a shovel and some gas to remove any leftovers.

Strat God Music
        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
          Then remove him from the car and tie him up to a tree with thin rope around his legs and torso and neck.

Get out your trusty exacto knife and proceed to make hundreds of small cuts over his body - them rub some salt into them.

First, the bugs will find him. Then when your back home as the sun goes down the night hunters will find him.

Hmmm. I've got this ex-wife...
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Then pour lots of honey all over him
            Hey Joe, it would be difficult for me to waste honey on my first wife.
            "POOP"

Comment

Hmm. Where do you live and whats your name? This may explain some body's found that was thought to have been from a kinky night gone awfully wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Hey Jacksons Shred, I do believe lerxstcat said you look like a lady
                Nice try, Ron, but what I actually said was that the guy might notice a family resemblance among him asnd hisa cousins to his mother. That's not exactly the same thing.

I bet there's a family resemblance between you and your mom, Ron, but you definitely don't look like a lady!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  If my wife came home with some other dudes knuckels brused on her arm (remember that's how it was stated-the blow caused a bruse-we are not talking about a run-of-the-mill punch in the arm) it would be over for that dude. If that makes me a "testosterone flooded caveman" so be it. I'm cool with that.
                  While I actually agree with your post here on this subject, I have to ask in view of other posts you've made; what about your children?

Are you going to deprive your children of their father for the time you'd serve in prison for the attack? How about your wife? Seems that getting physical revenge would hurt your wife and kids even more than the POS that hit your wife.

I do understand the difference; your wife and kids are not strangers, but the closest people to you in life.

Just noting that everybody has their own threshhold for taking action.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Some little dipshit punched my mom when she was trying to change his bedsheet or something while she was a nurse. I was sooooooooo gonna meet the little shit in his room, but my mom wouldn't tell me which kid it was.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                      While I actually agree with your post here on this subject, I have to ask in view of other posts you've made; what about your children?

Are you going to deprive your children of their father for the time you'd serve in prison for the attack? How about your wife? Seems that getting physical revenge would hurt your wife and kids even more than the POS that hit your wife.

I do understand the difference; your wife and kids are not strangers, but the closest people to you in life.

Just noting that everybody has their own threshhold for taking action.
                      That is a good point. And actually one I had not really thought of. So let me try to answer that one.

My thoughts are that I'd only be charged with assault. I would not use weapons. So there would hopefully be no attempted murder charges or assault with deadly weapons, just assault.

I'm not sure about your state but here in Iowa, I'm pretty sure assault is a misdemenor and not a felony.

Now if and when I was caught, I would explain to the police that the person hit and brused my mother. Every cop has a mother so I'm going to assume that they would "understand" why I did what I did. They might not agree with my actions but I'm pretty sure I could get them to understand.

Then the DA would have to decide to file charges or ask for jail time. That's when it would get fun. If they did decide to go with jail time, I'd contact every media outlet in town and explain my side of the story. Then the DA would have to explain why he's asking for jail time for a guy that was defending his wife or 70+ year old mother. (I've told you my mom is in her 70's). I just don't think a DA would want to go that route.

So I think I'd come out of it with a fine and maybe 6 months to a year probation with no jail time save for maybe that first night after the arrest.

So I think my children would only have to go a night without Dad. Now explaining why I did what I did would be a bit more sticky. I'm big on preaching the non-violence thing. But I'm also bigger on preaching about respecting women, especially your Mom.

So there you go. I highly doubt if I beat up a guy on the way to work today that I'd do any serious jail time. It's not like you would go to jail for 2 years or anything. It's possible, don't get me wrong, but you would have to have a DA that doesn't give a shit how the public see's him. And I have yet to find a DA like that.
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I was faced with a situation yesterday that I hope none of you ever have to face.

While my wife was reading her impact statement to the court, I faced Jeff Pelo the entire time. (as a matter of fact, so did she) I was full of rage, hatred, anger, and fury. I wanted blood, his blood. I wanted him to pay dearly for everything he had done to my wife. Besides the several officers in the room, some with guns, some with guns and tasers, some with just tasers (yes, I was so serious about making a move, I surveyed what I was up against), the rational part of my brain - no matter how small (both my brain and the rational part) - prevailed. I realized that my place is supporting my wife. It was her story. I'm there to back her up, to pick her up when she falls and to protect her when she needs protecting. I can't do that from the defendants table or behind bars.

It's OK to be angry. It's OK to want to put a serious hurting on someone who hurts a loved one. Your instinct is natural. But when you put yourself out of the equasion either physically, emotionally, or monetarily, you've lost sight of the real goal. Take care of your own. Support them the best way you can. You can't do that when you're not there for them.

For the original poster, implore your mother to reconsider following up with charges or just plain speaking with Management. Like violence is not the answer. It sounds like a damn good idea, but in the long run you'll do more damage to yourself and your family. If your mother is over the incident, then let it be. But make sure she understands what she needs to do IF it ever happens again.
                        Last edited by Tekky; 08-14-2008, 01:47 PM. Reason: corrected my own spelling error
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                          I was faced with a situation yesterday that I hope none of you ever have to face.

While my wife was reading her impact statement to the court, I faced Jeff Pelo the entire time. (as a matter of fact, so did she) I was full of rage, hatred, anger, and fury. I wanted blood, his blood. I wanted him to pay dearly for everything he had done to my wife. Besides the several officers in the room, some with guns, some with guns and tasers, some with just tasers (yes, I was so serious about making a move, I surveyed what I was up against), the rational part of my brain - no matter how small (both my brain and the rational part) - prevailed. I realized that my place is supporting my wife. It was her story. I'm there to back her up, to pick her up when she falls and to protect her when she needs protecting. I can't do that from the defendants table or behind bars.

It's OK to be angry. It's OK to want to put a serious hurting on someone who hurts a loved one. Your instinct is natural. But when you put yourself out of the equasion either physically, emotionally, or monitarily, you've lost sight of the real goal. Take care of your own. Support them the best way you can. You can't do that when you're not there for them.

For the original poster, implore your mother to reconsider following up with charges or just plain speaking with Management. Like violence is not the answer. It sounds like a damn good idea, but in the long run you'll do more damage to yourself and your family. If your mother is over the incident, then let it be. But make sure she understands what she needs to do IF it ever happens again.
                          Very well spoken and from a man who has been there.

Thanks for writing that. Puts it all in perspective.

Comment

There is something else to think about. I have a friend that is doing a LONG stretch in prison for protecting himself. Nice little bar room full of drunks decided to start shit with him, he tried to avoid it but, well we all know obnoxious drunks right. So outside it goes and ringleader drunk hits my friend, my friend hits back. Drunk falls to ground and hits head on curb and dies. Yes something small at the begining can end in shitstorm real f'ing quick.

Comment

Originally posted by paige View Post
                              There is something else to think about. I have a friend that is doing a LONG stretch in prison for protecting himself. Nice little bar room full of drunks decided to start shit with him, he tried to avoid it but, well we all know obnoxious drunks right. So outside it goes and ringleader drunk hits my friend, my friend hits back. Drunk falls to ground and hits head on curb and dies. Yes something small at the begining can end in shitstorm real f'ing quick.
                              I have a friend that went through something very similar back in 1990.

He was coming out of a bar to find a dude beating up his girlfriend. My friend steps in to stop the guy, the bouncer of the bar came out and thought it was my buddy who had been hitting the girl. He spins Brad around and punches him right in the face. Brad falls down and hits the back of his head on the curb and goes out like a light. Emergency surgery time and now his missing a big chunk of his brain. He's still the same dude, mostly. He's a little stranger now but he was pretty strange before.

Comment

Yeah, it just goes to show how quick you really can lose family over bullshit. You know the thing that got me to stop fighting, is the blood transfer between body's and aids. A drunken night trying to be a bad is not worth dying that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X