can someone tell me how to use quote's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone tell me how to use quote's

can someone tell me how to use quote's , please ?
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
    Press the quote button and type your response? It's down at the bottom of the person's post that you are wanting to quote. Also you can cut out all but the part you want to quote if needed.

*edited to add additional detail*
    Last edited by Jason1212; 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
      Press the quote button and type your response?
      You can do multiples by using the multi-quote button, then the quote on the last one you want.

The quote, and the multi-quote buttons are in the message you want to quote.

That's how I do it anyhow.
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

so all I have to do is
        Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
        Press the quote button and type your response? It's down at the bottom of the person's post that you are wanting to quote. Also you can cut out all but the part you want to quote if needed.

ok let me try this out

*edited to add additional detail*
        Originally posted by nhspike View Post
        You can do multiples by using the multi-quote button, then the quote on the last one you want.

The quote, and the multi-quote buttons are in the message you want to quote.

now let's try multi

That's how I do it anyhow.

Comment

cool I've almost got it now , thanks for the help

Comment

What you can also do if you wish to take a quote to let's say, a different thread or your signature, all you have to do his hit the quote button(it'll go to the advanced response page), copy the quote, and then paste it on whatever you want.

now , on that other thread didn't someone say " real women don't go by screen names like CumSlut19 " ???

(some day I'll figure out the quoting thing )
            see...
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I look at it this way...
              --floydkramer

Comment

I'll tell you how to use quotes if you learn how to use apostrophes correctly.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

that's in my plans for tommorow

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Dude, yes!
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

:ROTF: Sorry, couldn't resist.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                        I look at it this way...
                        Whoa..this can't be real..goddmam!!!

..and yes I never leanrt how to use "quotes" either..I just do this shit.."-----". Because I'm stupid.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ok who found that pic of me when i was a kid? HMmmm? i thought that was long gone. what the hell man?

Comment

so all I have to do is
                            Just make sure you put your response under whatever you're quoting. That keeps the flow of the conversation. A lot of folks like to put their response above the quote, which puts the cart before the horse, in a conversational sense.

Also, each quoted section has two Quote Tags: the Opening and the Closing (signified by the /quote tag which you'll see in a message - note the slash).
                            Your message should be either before the opening tag or after the closing tag, not in the middle of the message you're quoting.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, never do this.
                              It would kill the fun... you know, getting to the point quicker.
                              LOL

:P

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Just make sure you put your response under whatever you're quoting. That keeps the flow of the conversation. A lot of folks like to put their response above the quote, which puts the cart before the horse, in a conversational sense.

Also, each quoted section has two Quote Tags: the Opening and the Closing (signified by the /quote tag which you'll see in a message - note the slash).
                              Your message should be either before the opening tag or after the closing tag, not in the middle of the message you're quoting.
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X