Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you English blokes.....

ever go into Salisbury?
    If so ever make it into a place called "The New Inn"?
    It is just a few doors down from The Wig and Quill .
    Last edited by bombtek; 08-17-2008, 02:08 PM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Yeah we all live just around the corner.

Sorry your question specifically states the English, are the Northern Irish, Scots and the Welsh allowed to answer?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

LOL sorry
      but no .....Just the English .....

j/k

Anyways....anyone familiar with the area and frequents it every once in a while make it there?

there ya go shobet.......vague enough for ya
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

And I did specifically ask if anyone made it into Salisbury to start with......then specified a location from that question...I never once implied that you all "live around the corner" smartass.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-11-2012, 10:38 PM.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

I've lived close to Salisbury. My father was also posted out there in the army days.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
              Yeah we all live just around the corner.

Sorry your question specifically states the English, are the Northern Irish, Scots and the Welsh allowed to answer?
              I hate to break it to you, but until you actually win your independence from British rule, like we did, you're English
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                I hate to break it to you, but until you actually win your independence from British rule, like we did, you're English

Ha ha, no..I think he actually IS English! He's not Welsh or Scottish, I think Macclesield, while being full of homosexuals, IS in England.

I've never been to the pub he speaks of, not unless it's near a square of new age shops run by hippies. I was there a few years ago.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

He's Welsh, but I believe it's South Wales, and that means he's English, according to my Dad's side of the family (ie. they only speak English when they are phoning someone to tell them their holiday home is on fire).

Sorry Bombtek, never been to Salisbury, let alone the New Inn. Are you still waiting for your order of Scampi or something? The service in pubs these days is shocking.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                    ever go into Salisbury?
                    Isn't that close to Stonehenge?

Serious question. I've been to Stonehenge twice, and seemed to recall it being by Salisbury Plain. Or is that someplece different?

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

its about 8 miles outside of Salisbury

Comment

LOL no not waiting on anything from there. Just wondering if Colin and Karen are still the landlords of the place. I've been meaning to call them up and see how they're doing but I lost the phone number (lightbulb moment.....google it!!) and was just wondering if anyone had been in lately.

Comment

Thanks - if I go again I'll have a look for "The New Inn".

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Good food .....Good beer/ale/cider (if you like Hall and Woodhouse Brewery products)....and great atmosphere there too. I lived there for two months in a room above the bar a couple of years ago while I was doing government work in conjunction with the British at Porton Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Damn! I'm English?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X