Just Wondering about Avatars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering about Avatars...

Lately I've noticed some people's avatars have gotten smaller. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this? For example: toejam's Cartman avatar seems like it shrunk a bunch. I've also noticed Spike protesting smaller avatars. It appears to be mainly Platinum members.

So, is something different, or am I just crazy? (Please note: it could be a mixture of both)
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

See what you started Spike!
    "POOP"

Comment

MMMMmmmmmwahhahahahahaha
      I love it when a plan comes together!
      Let's not forget the lack of colored text in our sig lines either!

I'm sure they'll get it worked out eventually.
      I'm just busting balls for fun.
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Too small?!?!? LOL

That's what she said! :ROTF::ROTF:
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
          It appears to be mainly Platinum members.
          We're special.
          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
            We're special.
            Would the avatar size perhaps be considered one of those "perks" you guys are looking forward to getting at some point?
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Personally, I hate large avatars and distracting signatures, so if I was a platinum I wouldn't be complaining.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Personally, I hate large avatars and distracting signatures, so if I was a platinum I wouldn't be complaining.
                Yeah, that is a valid point. i notice that really badly on Ultimate Guitar (I don't post there, too many 12-year-olds). Half of the page is people's signatures. There are some websites where they don't even allow signatures but instead emphasize on created a good profile page and making it easy to link to that.

The reason I created this thread wasn't necessarily to ask for larger avatars, I mainly made it to see if anyone else noticed smaller ones or to make sure I was actually going crazy(er).
                "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

I've also noticed some people with smaller avatars since the Platinum change. You'd have to check with ~K~ or Sandman0170 to see what the deal is. And my avatar is the same size it's always been.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    Too small?!?!? LOL

That's what she said! :ROTF::ROTF:
                    They get smaller when it's cold.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I wouldn't mind if the avatars were a little bigger, but there definitely shouldn't be sig pics. Some of the guys on the Moser forum have ridiculous shit for sigs. I just turned them off.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I've been on forums where people are allowed entire song lyrics for sigs, and huge pictures in their sigs and avatars. You scroll through 15 page threads of "Wow" and "+1", with 3 replies per page due to the length and girth of their sigs. I all looks like ad banners to me.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Look, I'm on about 20 forums.
                          The post takes a given amount of vertical space, regardless of the Avatar size.
                          Just make it big enough to be seen.
                          As a reader, you have the option of turning off the viewing of sigs/avatars.
                          dig?
                          :P
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

The Avatar on Traces site is larger than here.IIRC 60x60 pixels and it's a free site. I was kinda dissapointed that the Avatar's got smaller and non paying members can have color in their sig.
                            I wanted to have mine in orange,but for the life of me couldn't figure how to do it.
                            I don't see me renewing my membership.
                            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                              The Avatar on Traces site is larger than here.IIRC 60x60 pixels and it's a free site. I was kinda dissapointed that the Avatar's got smaller and non paying members can have color in their sig.
                              I wanted to have mine in orange,but for the life of me couldn't figure how to do it.
                              I don't see me renewing my membership.
                              So even if you wrap [ COLOR="DarkOrange ] [ /COLOR ] (without the spaces of course) around your text it still won't show in color?
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X