No announcement yet.

New Metallica SINGLE is OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love this song. The vocals are great, the song itself is great and the solo gets better everytime i hear it. The drums could have been better though and the guitar tone is kind of weak sounding on the heavier rhythms. For James being such an amp whore i guess i expected a little more umph. I do like the raw sounding mix, nothing at all like black/load/reload on that aspect. Everything sounds up in your face. That fast riff in there makes me want to break stuff. I am anxiously awaiting 9/12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximum_Crunch View Post
      I love this song. The vocals are great, the song itself is great and the solo gets better everytime i hear it. The drums could have been better though and the guitar tone is kind of weak sounding on the heavier rhythms. For James being such an amp whore i guess i expected a little more umph. I do like the raw sounding mix, nothing at all like black/load/reload on that aspect. Everything sounds up in your face. That fast riff in there makes me want to break stuff. I am anxiously awaiting 9/12.
      The tone is really shitty, true. But luckily there seems to have been some sort of malfunction with the single, it has a shit ton of clipping and distortion going on.

Warner said they were fixing it and the actual Master was not affected. I hope it's true and not a PR story.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

• I just finished listening to the new single and it sounds like it was several Black album songs pasted together. I'm sure it'll sell, but not to me.
        Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 08-25-2008, 07:06 PM.
        "POOP"

Comment

• argh. it was on the radio again coming home. this song really fucking sucks. kirk hammett really fucking sucks. someone make it stop!
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• I don't know how to explain just how bad this sucks. I LOVE Metallica, I was mostly OK with everything ('cept that orchestra shite) til St. Anger. This song sucks. James' voice is terrible. He can't SING..take the edge out of his voice, and it's shit. Ok the "heavy" part around 4 mins..rocked, got my interest, then James put the same lame vocal noise over it. I turned it off there. so i've only heard half of the song, i dont' like it.
            I'm not here to bash them, I'm just here to say I don't like the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              argh. it was on the radio again coming home. this song really fucking sucks. kirk hammett really fucking sucks. someone make it stop!
              ..I heard it to one the rare occassion I ventured out with my kid in my hooptie with just a radio..it was on twice. Once going to the store..then on the way home..goddam!

My kid heard it for the first time and didn't care for it..well, he's spoiled! The second time we turned it off and talked..'bout girls..quality time.

The solo..the solo..its so cheap and sloppy...it sound like Kirk with a dash of ol' Mick Mars to me! But Mick sounds better than ever, tone and all in his poor condition..so kudos.

I picked up the new live Therion cd w/DVD..just watched it with my wife!!!

Also picked up the last Death Angel..I was expecting better but its cool.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Here's another one... Listening now.

Comment

• Haha not too bad... No wah in the solo either.

I like what I've heard so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                    Here's another one... Listening now.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136
                    That's not horrible.....yet. I'm only halfway through it yet. Lars' snare sounds like poo though.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Haha not too bad... No wah in the solo either.

I like what I've heard so far.

Ummmmmm I...ahhhhhhhhhh...hmmmmmmmmm...

again its painfully predictable and generic to me.

OK, I'm done here...

Enjoy guys.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Here's another one... Listening now.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136
                        I like that a lot!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          Yes and it's the story of my life! Percy getting smaller and the six pack turning into a keg...
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

• The second one is more like it. I'm debating trying to get tickets to see them in London on the 15th of September.
                            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

• Wow, the My Apocalypse song kicks ass.

Comment

• Hey, that's more like it! Very Kill 'Em All. I might have to buy this album when it comes out.

The production really stinks though. The guitar sound is way too loose for the riffs they're playing and the drums are too low in the mix.

I think I'll listen to this one again.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X