• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "a one and a two, I think I need to poo"
    "POOP"

Comment

• Hey, that was in time at least!
      LOL
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

• The song (my apocalypse) in general is fine but the first riff is a bit cheesy, 80s style but not very classy. I liked when slayer started to play after 1.50 . The solo is good. Liked it. I will certainly buy the album. I mean I even have St. Anger. Any record after that shit will sound great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          You sound like you've been "sworn in the metal wind."
          *Looks at avatar* How'd you figure that out?

I'm listening to Highlander right now, good god, Daniel's the king. And yes, according to ITunes I've listened to "Sworn In The Metal Wind" 56 times. I've only had Awakening the World for about 3 weeks (I lucked out on finding it) and I probably listened to the downloaded version of that song 20ish times before I got the CD and put it on and ITunes erased all the statistics on it(It's a requirement to have the highest bit rate version of Daniel's awesomeness possible). So yes, 75-80 times in 1 month.

Edit: Oh crap, it was just the part where he hits the D6, my speakers actually distorted a bit. I guess they can't handle they full power of awesome.
          Last edited by Ben...; 08-26-2008, 05:07 PM.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

• Just listened to the other one... See now THATS what Im fuckin talkin' about there! Thats pretty fucking badass. Fucking Metallica writing thrash again, who would thought? Not me! This song makes up for the other one if you ask me!
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• I liked this one too...

Its just Larses drum kit... Hate that fooking snare
              If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                Just listened to the other one... See now THATS what Im fuckin talkin' about there! Thats pretty fucking badass. Fucking Metallica writing thrash again, who would thought? Not me! This song makes up for the other one if you ask me!
                THAT'S what I'm sayin!!

Comment

• Wow, I really like that damn song... Holy crap! There's Hope!
                  Guitars:
                  '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                  '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                  '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                  Amp:
                  VOX AD30VT

Comment

• Since I chimed in on the negative, I'll add something positive, I'm listening to my apocalypse and it's pretty damn good. credit where it's do, they did a good job here.

my only issue is i think the distortion is a bit lite. but that's what i say about a lot of bands so, it's not anti-metallica in anyway.

I don't think i'd buy the album for this one, but if i hear something else on here i like it may be added to the list
                    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• I prefer the first one to the 'my apocalypse' song. The opening riff sounds like a slow bad Arch Enemy song. The first song had some better riffs imo, but it was just too long overal.

Anyway, I'd still like to hear the rest of the album.
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

• I have been a Metallica fan for as long as i can remember - faithfully buying their new album before i heard anything off it. This worked up until St Anger - which i have only played once all the way through but i did, play it once, all the way through.

What people don't seem to appreciate is everybody changes, evolves - rock bands as well. Metallica won't and probably could not release another puppets, or black album - it's history for them and they are looking only forward.

You also cannot judge an albums *feel* by one song. This song could be a climax to a series of songs, or the start of something heavier on the record...Good bands produce a mood for an album. We don't know what this mood is yet...

Personally i think this song has potential.

....LEAVE METALLICA ALONE..<sob><sniff> ;-)

Comment

• "What people don't seem to appreciate is everybody changes, evolves - rock bands as well."

Yep, I believe Mustaine used a similiar comment on the release of RISK.
                          "POOP"

Comment

• This is LOL funny. Oh my god. Totally uninteresting.

Comment

• Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                              I prefer the first one to the 'my apocalypse' song. The opening riff sounds like a slow bad Arch Enemy song. The first song had some better riffs imo, but it was just too long overal.

Anyway, I'd still like to hear the rest of the album.
                              It's funny you say the riff on "My Apocalypse" reminds you of an Arch Enemy song....Cuz "My Apocalypse" is also the name of a Arch Enemy song....off of Doomsday Machine....
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

• I guess expecting good timing is a thing of the past.
                                John Bonham ring a bell?
                                The best drums solo of the history.Performed by the best Drummer of the history._________________O melhor solo de bateria da história.Tocado pelo melhor bate...

John Bonham Live - Moby Dick (Part 1)The best drums solo of the history.Performed by the best Drummer of the history._________________O melhor solo de bateri...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0fqgq6ZMZY&NR=1
                                Listen to the drumming only, for this exercise.
                                That's timing.
                                That's just what you WON'T find in that second song.
                                Listen to it 100 or 200 times to get the feel.

My heart weeps for the future!!!!

(and my ears bleed!)
                                Last edited by nhspike; 08-27-2008, 05:11 PM. Reason: added part II
                                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                                --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                                X