Holy F! 11 string bass??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy F! 11 string bass??

This video is of Jean Baudin playing an 11 stringed base guitar to super mario bros. theme. NOT MY WORK, found on diffrent website.

Sam

Yeah, Jean is pretty well know in ERB (Extended Range Bass) circles. He's playing his "Joust" bass (based on the video game). Check out the fretboard inlay.

Last I heard, someone had got a 13 string bass made. It's a completely different instrument once you get beyond 6 root strings, if you ask me. But I certainly appreciate the talent and technique.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Jean is a good guy. He's the bassist for Nuclear Rabbit. http://nuclearrabbit.com/

He is a major coin op video game collector. One of his basses has packman on the fretboard and the nobs are ghosts. He was supposed to be on Attack of the Show (I think it was still screen savers at the time, but I may be wrong) but they kept pushing him out. I don't know if he ever made it on.

I got invited to his house once up in Marin County and unfortionately wasn't able to go (That whole work the next morning thing)

The singer for papa roach used to go to their shows and act like a psycho. They shared a lot of the same stages. My fondest memory of Jean is actually from a theater in Atwater CA (at the castle air base) he and Steve (their drummer at the time) kept yelling "SATAN" at the death metal band that was playing while the singer from Papa Roach ran up and down the isles.

Jean has done bass clinics in France and a couple other far away places. He's a good guy and extremely talanted, just a bit intense at times.

I'll see if I can find any of the old AVI's I have from shows. I haven't seen them since he went to the 11 string, last time I saw he was on the 9 string and just talking about 11+ string.

btw there's far better examples of his stuff out there. http://www.myspace.com/jeanbaudin

Check out Vanishing, it's kind of mellow but pretty cool.

The other cool thing is if you look through his friend's list, there's a LOT of talent bassists on there, I think he's done as much (of not possibly more) then Stu Hamm and Les Claypool(sp?) into getting bass players to PLAY the instrument not just pick a e string ala nikki sixx (not saying that's bad, it has it's place) if you have a chance to see him live either solo, with rabbit or with element of surprise (which I think is now over) do so, well worth it

(I'm not biased really.. ok I am.)

hmm, i wonder if i still have any of the cd singles left from when i did street team stuff for them....

Damn I miss NR... sorry I need to break out their CD's now..
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Here's Jean at Namm

I'm kind of sad that none of the NR stuff is on Youtube
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

That fucker took the Stu Hamm/Jeff Berlin/Tony Levin stuff to a whole new level..fuggums!

I was fuggin' awesome until Youtube showed up!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sam

Comment

Working...
            X