what have you been working on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
    Guthrie is the man, I wish I could even attempt to play that stuff.

As of tonight, I'm working on getting this down.

Code:
          |---6--|  |--6--|  |------5-----| |------7-----|  7  7 ---- |--6--|  |--6--|   6  6  6  6  6  6   6  6  6  6   6  6  6   6  6  6  6        
          T   T  T  T  T  T  T   T  T  T  T T   T  T  T  T  T  T  T   T  T  T  T  T  T   T  T  T  T  T  T   T  T  T  T   T  T  T   T  T  T  T  T S   
    E||----------------------------------------------------10-13-17p-13-----------------------------13-17p-13------------------------------17-22---||
    B||------------------10-15p-10----------------------10--------------15-----------------------15-----------15------------------------18---------||
    G||---------------10-----------10----------------10--------------------14-----------------14-----------------14------------------19------------||
    D||------------12-----------------12----------12--------------------------15-----------15-----------------------15p-14----15h-19---------------||
    A||---------12-----------------------12-8h-12--------------------------------17-12h-17---------------------------------17----------------------||
    E||--10h-13------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
    That reminds me of the ocean.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      That reminds me of the ocean.
      ?
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

?
        I'm guessing he means it looks like a wave.

Not the zep song.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yep
          Scott

Comment

Oh, wow, I'm a tool. Haha.
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              Yep
              I'm disappointed. I was certain you just played the tab out in your head on sight and deduced it had a very Debussy-like quality to it.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Jacksons Shred fuggin' smokes. For two years our kid can seriously play!!!

From what I heard so far, he's gotta be one of the best players we ever had here. He certainly has the technical ability. If he has an equal "creative" gift. He can and should go far as anyone.

I must give credit when its due. JS, don't be gettin' a big head on me. Just my honest opinion and hopefully words of encourgement.

My only advice is don't ALWAYS learn other's music note for note and find your own voice.
                Last edited by horns666; 09-04-2008, 03:30 PM.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

From what I heard so far, he's gotta be one of the best players we ever had here. He certainly has the technical ability. If he has an equal "creative" gift. He can and should go far as anyone.

I must give credit when its due. JS, don't be gettin' a big head on me. Just my honest opinion and hopefully words of encourgement.

My only advice is don't ALWAYS learn other's music note for note and find your own voice.

He's a genius on guitar. Just cant see a wave when he sees it.
                  Last edited by MartinBarre; 09-04-2008, 03:52 PM.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

..Ahhh yes. Stand back and look at the big picture. Yep, Its a wave!!!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                      He's a genius on guitar. Just cant see a wave when he sees it.
                      That's on a count of this aint the monster truck show
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Man I need to get my arse into gear as hopefully got a jam/practise with my singer/bassist...

We had a fairly lengthy to do list of songs few dio songs, and a few maiden one's too but we never got round to it so hopefully we'll stick to the simpler stuff to get started...

I wanted to do in the still of the night, guess I should download some tabs and start practising these songs...

You guys are doing some cool stuff...

Comment

i have been working on not shitting my drawers. i OD'd on fiber today. it sucks. my ass has become a cannon......ughhh, here comes ANOTHER blast. gotta run!!!!
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Guthrie is the man, I wish I could even attempt to play that stuff.

As of tonight, I'm working on getting this down.

Code:
                                  |---6--|  |--6--|  |------5-----| |------7-----|  7  7 ---- |--6--|  |--6--|   6  6  6  6  6  6   6  6  6  6   6  6  6   6  6  6  6        
                                  T   T  T  T  T  T  T   T  T  T  T T   T  T  T  T  T  T  T   T  T  T  T  T  T   T  T  T  T  T  T   T  T  T  T   T  T  T   T  T  T  T  T S   
                            E||----------------------------------------------------10-13-17p-13-----------------------------13-17p-13------------------------------17-22---||
                            B||------------------10-15p-10----------------------10--------------15-----------------------15-----------15------------------------18---------||
                            G||---------------10-----------10----------------10--------------------14-----------------14-----------------14------------------19------------||
                            D||------------12-----------------12----------12--------------------------15-----------15-----------------------15p-14----15h-19---------------||
                            A||---------12-----------------------12-8h-12--------------------------------17-12h-17---------------------------------17----------------------||
                            E||--10h-13------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
                            Well, I gave it a try. Not the easiest thing to say the least. Fun to play though. Not as difficult as I thought it'd be but that's because it's similar to this exercise my guitar teacher gave me a while back. That said, I was playing it pretty slow.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                              I'm disappointed. I was certain you just played the tab out in your head on sight and deduced it had a very Debussy-like quality to it.
                              Ah, la Mer... I prefer La Cathédrale Engloutie personally.
                              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

I really appreciate that man, but no way. There are so many people here that are so good, I'm definitely among the worst of the players here. Mostly everyone that I've heard here is really really good, and dominates me. I'm very inexperienced, and I need more practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X