Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new metallica has been leaked

Fyi

The whole album will be played on the XM metallica station(51) September 4(thursday) so i'm sure they will not be too concerned. I could route it to my media center and have the whole album free but i'll just buy it when it releases on the 12.

Comment

Holy fuck, the first thrash riff, right off the bat is just fucking awesome

Confirms what I thought. The day that never comes is by far the weakest song on the album. Shitty rip though, but let's just say, eventhough the drums are mixed high, the double bass smacks you around the fucking ears right from the start.

As long as Hammett isn't in the forefront, this album is seriously cool.

Favorite song: The Judas Kiss. That song just fucking slays.
      Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 09-03-2008, 01:59 AM.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        Holy fuck, the first thrash riff, right off the bat is just fucking awesome

Confirms what I thought. The day that never comes is by far the weakest song on the album. Shitty rip though, but let's just say, eventhough the drums are mixed high, the double bass smacks you around the fucking ears right from the start.

As long as Hammett isn't in the forefront, this album is seriously cool.

Favorite song: The Judas Kiss. That song just fucking slays.
        WOW

I just WASNT expecting that kind of response from you!!!....................

My music:
        www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver1 View Post
          WOW

I just WASNT expecting that kind of response from you!!!....................

Go gargle Corey Taylor's mayonaise.

Comment

To be honest, the album is much better than expected! The most metal album they've released in quite a while.
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
              To be honest, the album is much better than expected! The most metal album they've released in quite a while.
              It was about time.

Comment

If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

touche

now go drink up hetfields hot steamy man foam

all good friendly fun
                  My music:
                  www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver1 View Post
                    touche

now go drink up hetfields hot steamy man foam

all good friendly fun

Hehehehehe!!

I don't mind man. I'm just fucking rocking out to these new tunes.

There's some ridiculously awesome shit on there. Judas Kiss, All nightmare long, daaaamn FUCK YEAH!

Comment

Lots of good stuff. The Unforgiven III is actually damn good, too. My favorite is probably Judas Kiss as well. Just a killer song.

Comment

This one definitely rips! I like #10 "My Apocalypse" the best so far. This album give nod to everyone of their previous efforts.
                        Hopefully they go back into the studio with the momentum from this one instead of waiting 5 years when the blood stops flowing.
                        Rick Rubin has done an excellent job making them sound good. Actually there's a few moments on this that remind me of older Slayer in a way.
                        M€y only bitch is that some of the songs could be a tad shorter with some of the fat cut off, leaving only the important elements of each song.
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven
                        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Just snagged a 320kbps version. While it's no MOP or AJFA, it's actually really good, 1000% better than anything they've put out since The Black album. It's pretty damn thrashy, not quite the speed of the first several albums but it does sound like Metallica finally. James even rediscovers his old voice on some of the songs. On All Nightmare Long I was waiting for Tom Araya to start singing, killer Slayer-like tune. You can definitely hear Rick Rubin's influence on several of the tracks. I wonder if Rubin is even writing some of the riffs and solos. Seriously, they are so Slayer-like.

Try this one on for size.

Judas Priest with Halford and Metallica both release new CD's full of long 8 minutes songs and the Metallica CD ends up being the good one ! Who wouldathunkit ?
                          Last edited by guitarzan2; 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I'll have to check this out at home. Hey are the mixes better then what they had put on the site a few days ago? I'm curious if it was just the streaming that made the mix sound like ass.
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Nope. Someone brickwalled this shit to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X