new metallica has been leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
    I listened to the album a couple of times now, and for me it has the same problem as the latest Children of Bodom album. Meaning it basically has all the right elements, but the songs lack memorability.
    Yeah, I've listened a few times now and I agree. Some good riffage, but the songs just don't seem to be very memorable.
    Kirk's solos are mostly pointless and boring, too many of the songs seem to be mid-paced again, like Load, and James can't sing any more.

But it IS metal again and it's okay, just not great.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I like Kirks's solos in this album. Sure they aren't very clean but they are really agressive.

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
        Krokus?
        Yes Opeth reminds of Krokus because it seams like a whole entire D&D theme going on but for the newer generations. Had a hard time taking it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          Yes Opeth reminds of Krokus because it seams like a whole entire D&D theme going on but for the newer generations. Had a hard time taking it seriously.
          I'm with Blindmuddy... WTF?

Maybe I just gotta go pick up the latest Krokus CD!

As far as the Death Magnetic stuff I have listened to so far...

If you have continued listening to this band, post Black album...and went in a REM/Hooty and the Blowfish direction...I can see your enthusiasm, as it is definitely heavier and more towards "pre Black" than the other crap...

But for those who moved on after "Black" and discovered all the other metal the world had to offer...This album is so pale, its not even worth a debate...Plus...reading the interviews where they throw around the term..."Metal Band" just makes me sick! Fuckin posers! get off the band wagon...Kirk saying dumb ass shit like this...

"Will there ever be a band like us to follow in our footsteps?"

"But there still needs to be a new modern band that has the impact, and they haven't showed up yet....

Or maybe they're out there and I just haven't heard them yet." BINGO!!!! Give that boy a prize!!!

and this says it all...

Revolver: It seems like there's been bands that seem like they have the potential — you know, PANTERA, LAMB OF GOD… (EDIT: What kind of example of METAL is that? oh yeah...this IS Revolver...)

Kirk: …SLIPKNOT, KORN, yeah. (EDIT: NO...NOT LIKE SLIPKNOT AND KORN!!!) But it just doesn't happen for whatever reason. My brother-in-law came up to me and was like, "Are there any bands who are in their 20s that you guys are intimidated by?" (EDIT: I personally know teenage metal bands that kick your asses) And I thought about it long and hard and I'm like, "No." I wish there was, you know. I wish there was because it would give us a nice challenge and motivate us to maybe step up to their plate, whatever their plate might be. It just hasn't happened yet. YOU ARE JUST THAT OUT OF TOUCH!!!

Anyhow...Now that I have pissed all over those who are digging this...

No offence! Just a different perspective...This band is so out of touch from "Metal" and YES...THEY are the ones branding themselves "Metal" so this IS what it is about...by their own accord...and as far as "Metal" goes...the fall short in the most pathetic way...

ONCE AGAIN...This is NOT an attack against those who are liking this...Thats awesome....

They are NOT the best Metal band...that is an insult to so many bands out there with the balls to stay true to the Metal they make...

**********************Disclaimer****************** ****

The statements expressed here ARE only the writers personal OPINONS about the band Metallica and their recent attempt at making a "Metal" album...and their failure to do so... NO OFFENCE TO THOSE WHO DISSAGREE…NOT NESSISARY!!! (But I am right
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I haven't heard the full album yet but I will be buying it when it comes out. Out of curiosity. Again.

However from what I've heard so far I'm not hopeful that it will be good. Come on guys, if an unknown band came out with a song like the day that never comes (is that what it's called) no one would give it a second listen.

AK47, I think there's a lot of cool stuff coming out, with high production value and good songwriting. I may be that it is just not to your taste I dig most of the newer stuff.
            Last edited by levantin; 09-05-2008, 01:43 PM.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post

If you have continued listening to this band, post Black album...and went in a REM/Hooty and the Blowfish direction...I can see your enthusiasm, as it is definitely heavier and more towards "pre Black" than the other crap...

But for those who moved on after "Black" and discovered all the other metal the world had to offer...This album is so pale, its not even worth a debate...Plus...reading the interviews where they throw around the term..."Metal Band" just makes me sick! Fuckin posers! get off the band wagon...Kirk saying dumb ass shit like this...

"But there still needs to be a new modern band that has the impact, and they haven't showed up yet....

Or maybe they're out there and I just haven't heard them yet." BINGO!!!! Give that boy a prize!!!

and this says it all...

Revolver: It seems like there's been bands that seem like they have the potential — you know, PANTERA, LAMB OF GOD… (EDIT: What kind of example of METAL is that? oh yeah...this IS Revolver...)

Kirk: …SLIPKNOT, KORN, yeah. (EDIT: NO...NOT LIKE SLIPKNOT AND KORN!!!) But it just doesn't happen for whatever reason. My brother-in-law came up to me and was like, "Are there any bands who are in their 20s that you guys are intimidated by?" (EDIT: I personally know teenage metal bands that kick your asses) And I thought about it long and hard and I'm like, "No." I wish there was, you know. I wish there was because it would give us a nice challenge and motivate us to maybe step up to their plate, whatever their plate might be. It just hasn't happened yet. YOU ARE JUST THAT OUT OF TOUCH!!!

No offence! Just a different perspective...This band is so out of touch from "Metal" and YES...THEY are the ones branding themselves "Metal" so this IS what it is about...by their own accord...and as far as "Metal" goes...the fall short in the most pathetic way...

ONCE AGAIN...This is NOT an attack against those who are liking this...Thats awesome....

They are NOT the best Metal band...that is an insult to so many bands out there with the balls to stay true to the Metal they make...

The statements expressed here ARE only the writers personal OPINONS about the band Metallica and their recent attempt at making a "Metal" album...and their failure to do so... NO OFFENCE TO THOSE WHO DISSAGREE…NOT NESSISARY!!! (But I am right

..HAIL!!!

Nice to see I'm in good company!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If by impact he means popularity by numbers he's probably right. Metal just isn't as popular as it was all those years ago. But there are kick ass bands who are pushing the envelope with every release. Metallica just isn't one of them any more.

Comment

Sevser, I see 100% what youre saying. There are tons of bands that can wipe their asses with Metallica. But as far as METALLICA goes, this album is pretty damned good, and those of us who are (or were shall I say) fans of Metallica, this is a nice surprise that most people didnt see coming. These guys are getting pretty old and its showing. Lars cant drum for shit, Kirks getting even sloppier, and James' voice isnt what it used to be... but it sure aint no Load or St. Wanker! If you ask me, this is Metallicas last hoorah... I doubt well see another studio album after this, I really dont think they have it in them. But still, they are one of, if not the biggest band in the world... the best? Not by far... but the biggest, Id say so.

MY favorite new album of the year? Testament hands down... no competition. That album is so badass on so many different levels it is just mind blowing.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    These guys are getting pretty old and its showing. Lars cant drum for shit, Kirks getting even sloppier, and James' voice isnt what it used to be... but it sure aint no Load or St. Wanker! If you ask me, this is Metallicas last hoorah... I doubt well see another studio album after this, I really dont think they have it in them. But still, they are one of, if not the biggest band in the world... the best? Not by far... but the biggest, Id say so.
                    This argument has been kicked around since load came out. They're about 45 now right? Well so are people like Warrell Dane, Dave Mustaine and Eric Peterson. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are probably getting on to their 60's. I don't think Metallica's physical health is failing, probably the exact opposite with all their cash!
                    Last edited by levantin; 09-05-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Like I said in another thread. With all the resources available these days. The lack of metal knowledge certainly explains alot!!

The JCF of all places..The fuggin' JCF!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

C'mon guys..make me proud..goddammit!!!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                            I haven't heard the full album yet but I will be buying it when it comes out. Out of curiosity. Again.

However from what I've heard so far I'm not hopeful that it will be good. Come on guys, if an unknown band came out with a song like the day that never comes (is that what it's called) no one would give it a second listen.

AK47, I think there's a lot of cool stuff coming out, with high production value and good songwriting. I may be that it is just not to your taste I dig most of the newer stuff.
                            I did not say everything sucks thats coming out metalwise. I hear lots of stuff that is "pretty good" like the new Testament album.

I just have not heard anything that really "Knocks my socks off Good" like I used to hear in the 80s and even throught most of the 90's.

As for the Krokus Opeth comment. This is how I came to it.

Krokus always had the D&D metal theme to it or at least that is how I remembered them I was never a huge Krokus fan. My first impression of Opeth and not just the music but the videos and image associated was "Wow a Krokus for the Y2K generation" even though the sound may not be that similar. It was the whole package that gave me that impression.

Comment

and this says it all...

Actually, for all your laughing smiley faces, I can't think of a single band in their early twenties that come anywhere close to prime Metallica. There isn't any. I don't understand your laughter.
                              The only bands still easily beating Metallica are the old ones - Megadeth with UA, AC/DC with their new one judging by the new single, Maiden, Priest with Angel of Retribution.
                              No new band can hold a fucking candle to any classic metal band.

You're right - Metallica aren't the best metal band. Iron Maiden are.
                              You think some young band are? Tell me who.
                              Trivium? Bullet For My Valentine? That's hilarious.
                              Last edited by MartinBarre; 09-05-2008, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X