X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
    Thx Bill. Very interesting stuff.
    Very true.

Some of these drugs can actually make people crazy.

A friend of mine in Winnipeg was prescribed lithium. She continued to take it because her doctor told her too.

The drug stopped her from sleeping, and caused her mind to run rapid fro the 1.5 years that she took it.

She finally stopped taking the lithium. Now she's manic... The gets really happy, and with the flip of a switch shy can become psychotic, threatening to kill her self.

Initially she was dealing with some depression from her father dying, and now she is messed up for real.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Zeegs my singer/bud's 9 year old son has Asperger's Syndrome and also takes Stratera. This also helps him as well.

From what I understand, I think your body adjust to that drug and you won't have that effect any longer. That happened with me the first few times I took certain meds such as Lyrica..man I was fuggin' stoned off my ass the first time I took it. Now, I take two a day and I can't even tell.

you cant tell but we sure can

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post
        you cant tell but we sure can
        Man, I stepped right into that one..fuggin' awesome!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

your my boy Bill.... your my boy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Hey Zeegs, guys..I was fuggin' around on youtube and came across this dude. Watch and listen to what he says..interesting...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUsQU...eature=related

Ha! Ha!

What he says about the coke dealer mixing Novicane and Riddlin is true.

Comment

zeegs, i think you did the right thing.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Hey fellas. As a child, I was hyperactive and was on Cylert for several years. I'm now almost 35 and that was a long time ago, but reading this thread has made me somewhat concerned about what was being put into my body. Anybody know anything about that drug? All I could find is that it has been discontinued and has been linked to liver damage....also was somewhat similar to meth.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                  She finally stopped taking the lithium. Now she's manic... The gets really happy, and with the flip of a switch shy can become psychotic, threatening to kill her self.

Initially she was dealing with some depression from her father dying, and now she is messed up for real.
                  This story doesn't add up -- people don't get prescribed lithium for basic depression, but it is used to treat severe manic depressive disorder, which has all the symptoms you describe above. People with manic depressive disorder often go off their meds against medical advice. It seems likely the manic depression was present before she was put on lithium, otherwise there's no reason it would have been prescribed in the first place. Tell her to go back and get some treatment; manic depressives often end up committing suicide without it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    After my experience yesterday, I simply don't believe that these drugs are the best solution. Honestly, it was almost like dropping acid, and I weigh 3 times what Ethan does. It's silly to believe that because he has a chemical imbalance in his brain, that this makes him feel normal. I talked to him about it last night, and he says it makes him feel depressed, dizzy, and spaced out for the first hour after he takes it in the morning. He says when he doesn't take it, he feels normal.

I'm going to do some more research into alternate therapy.
                    I wouldn't put much weight on what you experienced from taking the meds, but if your kid says it makes him feel bad, I would definitely ask his doctor for other options.

Comment

Working...
                    X