Who likes Between the Buried and Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
    you can't predict what other people will really like.

BtBAM = AWESOME :p
    I beg to differ. Especially on the thing about Bill not being able to predict what other people like.

He told me if I liked Lost Horizon I would probably like Heed. Guess what? He was right. Heed is awesome! He's been right every time so far. 13/13 of the bands that he's recommended I've ended up liking. He recommended I check out Therion based only on what he knew about what I liked. Therion's probably one of my favourite bands right now.

See my avatar? Bill recommended them to me too.

Isn't Between the Buried and Me metalcore? I have never liked metalcore bands because they can't commit to a genre. Are they metal or are they hardcore? All those "core" genres confuse the heck out of me.

Oh, and I didn't mean to sound harsh in any way so sorry if I did.

Edit: How an album "builds up" is all opinion. i think the Ensiferum album "Iron" builds up well but others may disagree with me. It starts off strong with the title track, builds up with "Sword Chant" and "Tale of Revenge", takes a break with "Lost in Despair", builds back up quickly with "Slayer of Light", then becomes truly awesome with the song "Lai Lai Hei". Then the album ends on a somber note with "Tears". People may think I'm completely wrong but as always, it's a matter of opinion.
    Last edited by Ben...; 09-16-2008, 06:17 PM.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I'm wearing my Between The Buried and Me tee right now haha.

They have made some of the most insane licks around in metal at the moment... check out the intros to Alaska and Aesthetic.... Generally all of Selkies....

The Anatomy Of... album is pretty cool too, not many metal bands can pull of a cover of Bicycle Race by Queen haha. Also their cover of Blackened is pretty good, even with cookie monster vocals. I think it works quite well, the majority of the JCF will hate it though haha.

Comment

Sorry but BTTBAM is NOT death metal

Death Metal are bands like Morbid Angel, Immolation, Cannibal Corpse
        This stuff just plain sucks, and GOR you can call out everyone you like which is lame by the way, calling people out on the internet??? great.... But at the end of the day the way the cd was written and how an album is "built up" as said earlier is ALL subjective NOT FACT, please don't call people out on opinion, because you are right and bill is right and we are all right, when they are our opinions. I'm sick of kids and general people telling me what I know and what I like and how I should like it.

JUST MY opinion........

C

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
          Sorry but BTTBAM is NOT death metal

Death Metal are bands like Morbid Angel, Immolation, Cannibal Corpse
          This stuff just plain sucks, and GOR you can call out everyone you like which is lame by the way, calling people out on the internet??? great.... But at the end of the day the way the cd was written and how an album is "built up" as said earlier is ALL subjective NOT FACT, please don't call people out on opinion, because you are right and bill is right and we are all right, when they are our opinions. I'm sick of kids and general people telling me what I know and what I like and how I should like it.

JUST MY opinion........

C
          I agree 150% with this. You basically said what I said but added. I especially agree with the point about people trying to force opinion on others. It really does frustrate me how other people think what they say is gospel and when I disagree with them, they get all mad at me. It's like arguing about where the universe came from with Christians, they just don't give up even after I ask "Where did God come from then?" after they say that God created the universe.

**Please note: I was just using the Christian thing as an example. I do not have anything against Christians or people of any religion, in fact, one of my better friends is Lutheran and my other one is an Atheist so really could care less about what religion people are. I just like arguing with people who can't back up their arguments because I like to prove points when people just don't get it.**
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by robfromthedeep View Post
            I'm wearing my Between The Buried and Me tee right now haha.

They have made some of the most insane licks around in metal at the moment... check out the intros to Alaska and Aesthetic.... Generally all of Selkies....

The Anatomy Of... album is pretty cool too, not many metal bands can pull of a cover of Bicycle Race by Queen haha. Also their cover of Blackened is pretty good, even with cookie monster vocals. I think it works quite well, the majority of the JCF will hate it though haha.
            You crazy kids with your Headbangers Ball and Mall Metal kill me!!!

Here's SOME insane metal bands...

Atheist, Cynic, Arsis, Martyr, Symbyosis, Lunaris, Farmakon, Death, Capharnaum, Augury, Alarum, Nocturnus, Cryptopsy, Sadist, Sadus, Coroner, Meshuggah, Non human Level, Believer, Atrocity, Byzantine, Confessor, Gorefest, Gorguts, Decapitated, Deicide, Dusk Machine, Edens Fall, Forbidden, Hate Eternal, Krisiun, Mekong Delta, Psychotic Waltz, Monstrosity, Necrophagist, Nile, Pestilence, Psycroptic, Sacrifice, Sceptic, PROTOTYPE & SEVERED SAVIOR (JCF bros), Spiral Architect, Mutant, Theory in Practice, Thought Chamber, Unexpect, Twisted Into form, Vehemence, Zoetrope, Zero Hour, Vital Remains, Gorerod, Watchtower, Spastic Ink, Time Requiem, Lemur Voice, Zero Hour, ..and hundreds more you know nothing about...including a shitload of insane prog metal that makes Dream Theater sound like Enya.

That's most in the "death"realm..we got all kind of INSANE stuff happening in TRUE metal..without this trendy "core" thing. Ya'know once upon a time Metalcore was genuine. But as soon as the kids dig anything..this happens. "Core" became the new "Nu"..watered down pasteurized, homogenized for easy consumption...for headbangers ball..grab your copy now at Hot Topic or your local Target !!!!

Yes, I've known about BTBAM for years..how can you not? They don't suck..but they're not even a blip on my radar.

BTW..I've had these EXACT debates with "NU" fans just a few years ago..They swore it wasn't a trend, that was REAL metal!!

NOT!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Prototype is JCF'ers? I've heard of them from elsewhere but I didn't know that! I of course knew about Severed Savior from just being around here.

This "core" brick-a-brack is ridiculous! There's like metalcore, mathcore, deathcore, grindcore(is there even vocals in that stuff?), clowncore(). It's just dumb. Pick a genre and quit being a pansy!
              "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Note to JCF..don't call Bill Z Bub out on anything...ANYTHING!

especially metal....eh.

GOR..I love you..you're silly sometimes!!!

Enjoy your BTBAM..its all good..but they're not for me man.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                  Prototype is JCF'ers? I've heard of them from elsewhere but I didn't know that! I of course knew about Severed Savior from just being around here.

This "core" brick-a-brack is ridiculous! There's like metalcore, mathcore, deathcore, grindcore(is there even vocals in that stuff?), clowncore(). It's just dumb. Pick a genre and quit being a pansy!
                  Its a trend..it'll pass.. Alot of bands I've posted been around since the 80's..I posted alot of fuggin' 80's metal there..

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                    Prototype is JCF'ers?
                    Yep, endorsed by Jackson and forum members. Haven't seen Vince or anyone else post here in awhile, though. I've got their Trinity CD and really dig it.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Note to JCF..don't call Bill Z Bub out on anything...ANYTHING!

especially metal....eh.

GOR..I love you..you're silly sometimes!!!

Enjoy your BTBAM..its all good..but they're not for me man.
                      I just naturally assumed calling you out on something would lead to VERY BAD things.

And yes, GOR, I have nothing against you, enjoy your music while I enjoy mine. (I always thought that the youngest guy was supposed to be the person everyone complains about but no one's said anything about me so I guess you get to keep your title as "Young, opinionated dude".)
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

You know, 90% of metal would be better if they stopped trying so hard to prove how tough, br00tal, and evil they are and actually tried to sing rather than growl or scream their heads off. Just my opinion as to why the new stuff doesn't seem so great.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          You know, 90% of metal would be better if they stopped trying so hard to prove how tough, br00tal, and evil they are and actually tried to sing rather than growl or scream their heads off. Just my opinion as to why the new stuff doesn't seem so great.
                          That's a good point. I mean, some music would sound funny without those kinds of vocals but most of the time, I'm sure clean vocals would sound just as good and wouldn't give me a headache.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Working...
                          X