Itunes 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itunes 8

Anyone have any trouble after loading itunes 8? I've heard that if you're running Vista, you get the blue screen of death when plugging in your ipod. Mine didn't seem to have any trouble but, I've got the new 120 gb ipod ordered and I'm hoping it doesn't crash.

I just don't like the new layout of it, it loses and confuses me. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with it.

Comment

It's worked fine for me so far. They finally made the movie area of your library functional. It used to be super slow and frustrating to use. They also got rid of the annoying mini-store at the bottom of your music library. I'm on XP though so it may be different.

I'm gonna get one of those 120 gigs soon. My poor old 30GB I bought refurbished at Future Shop is getting there in age. It's battery is almost toast. It only lasts about 3-4 hours if backlight is on now. It used to last 8-ish. I have a feeling it won't last much longer. The hard drive is getting really loud and clicky, especially after I dropped it a while ago( I don't know how it lived).

I've heard the new ones have a much more simplified and faster menu. Mine is too slow now because it has to deal with so many song titles and all the info. As soon as the new ones drop in price a bit I'll be getting one (If I don't buy a new guitar that is.).
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        I just don't like the new layout of it, it loses and confuses me. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with it.
        How do you have it set? There's list, grid and cover flow. List is the old way that I like the best, all alphabetical order stuff. Grid shows each album cover in a grid shape (that's the default, it sucks), then there's cover flow, which is all of the albums lined up in alphabetical order and you click on the album then it gives you the songs (Also sucks when you have lots of music). You can change them by clicking on the buttons at the top beside the search bar if you didn't know already.

Unless of course you are talking about something else on it but that's the only change from old iTunes.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

no problems with mine.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Works fine for me.
            Must be those Apple zealots spreading more fud.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Must be those Apple zealots spreading more fud.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                How do you have it set? There's list, grid and cover flow. List is the old way that I like the best, all alphabetical order stuff. Grid shows each album cover in a grid shape (that's the default, it sucks), then there's cover flow, which is all of the albums lined up in alphabetical order and you click on the album then it gives you the songs (Also sucks when you have lots of music). You can change them by clicking on the buttons at the top beside the search bar if you didn't know already.

Unless of course you are talking about something else on it but that's the only change from old iTunes.
                Right now it seems it's grid? Sucks..I want list back LOL. Thanks. I'll see if I can fix it!! Thanks Ben, it's much better now

Comment

For some reason I've never been able to upgrade to this on my computer. Always fails with an application failure.

But if it's different, I'm sure I won't like it. HA!
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Bengal, once you change the settings back to whatever you normally use it looks exactly the same.

I got it on my desktop and haven't had any problems with it. But I only use it to play mp3's - no movies, no connecting to iPods. That's also on WinXP Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                      Right now it seems it's grid? Sucks..I want list back LOL. Thanks. I'll see if I can fix it!! Thanks Ben, it's much better now
                      No problem!
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

It's all just eye candy, I preferred the older version of iTunes.
                        Originally posted by horns666
                        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                          It's all just eye candy, I preferred the older version of iTunes.
                          Dude's right!
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

When I installed it, my wife's iTunes lost the location of here library so none of the songs would play off of iTunes. I had to delete her library and re-import all of the music from the hard-drive. Mine was fine though (two users on one computer, shared music folder, etc...)
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

The Genius function is cool.
                              1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                              Jackson SLATQH
                              Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                              Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                              Jackson DKMGT (project)
                              Kramer Focus 1000
                              Ibanez SDGR Bass
                              Ovation Celebrity