Visiting my parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting my parents

Drove up to Long Island last night and I surprised my parents by showing up on their doorstep at 8am this morning. Man I can't believe how hectic everything up here seems. Living in North Carolina has definitely gotten me into a very laid back lifestyle. Can't wait to get back to my life but my mom is EXTREMELY happy to see me and wants me to spend my entire vacation here. I'll have to see how it goes but I don't even like driving around here anymore.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

It is crazy around here. I live in NJ, close to NYC, but I used to travel the Island a lot, and I hit the city regularly. I love NC. I was stationed there back in the early 80's. I'd love to retire there.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

is it far from North Carolina to Long Island?
      no sig.....

Comment

Probably around 8-9 hour drive?
        Scott

Comment

Yeah...it took 9 hours.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

you could drive the length of the uk in not a lot longer.
            no sig.....

Comment

But you don't have to stop for sheep in the U.S.
              Scott

Comment

i know the feeling. i lived in the DC metro area for most of my life but a few years ago moved to SC and its so relaxed out here. went to visit a couple months ago and was like wow this was normal to me?!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  But you don't have to stop for sheep in the U.S.
                  :ROTF:
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

we are thinking of a road trip from Swansea (uk) to the Nurburgring ring then maybe down into italy france and then home.

i dont fancy doing more than 4/5 hours a day on the road. will hve a co driver/wife so should be a good run.
                    no sig.....

Comment

Yeah I don't like driving more than 5-6 hours a day unless I have to. It would be nice to able to drive to Germany, Italy, and France.

My options are Canada (about 7-8 hours north) and Mexico (about 30 hours southwest).
                      Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X