No announcement yet.

Pink Floyd keyboardist Wright dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't listen to much Pink Floyd but I know the important role they've had in the world in music so this is a huge loss.

RIP Rick.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I couldn't believe it when I heard it.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Not much of a fan these days, about the only release I can stomach now is Animals or some other generally less played material. But, I was a huge Floyd Fan as a teen... I've seen them quite a few times. So, I guess I feel a sense of loss as another part of my history is gone.

He was pretty amazing really as he pioneered a lot of electronic music doing amazingly creative stuff, and reproducing it live with seriously unprogrammable analog synths... Its pretty easy to to do a lot of what he did THEN at THIS point in time. But then, it was amazingly hard to do.

What he did was groundbreaking and extremely difficult. The multitracking stuff they did was amazing considring the equipment they had in those days, which was pretty useless compared to modern stuff.

I'm pretty saddened to hear of his passing, he was a pretty major part of their creative magik I think. And they were truly creative in the 70's. Animals was about it for them IMO.
        Last edited by Cleveland Metal; 09-17-2008, 10:44 AM.

Comment

My dad loved them much more than I did..but sad for me nonetheless.

RIP.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X