Get Thrashed DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Thrashed DVD

Anybody seen it yet? Looks like fun, been reading about it's production for the past couple years.

I just saw an ad for it (but can't remember where) and will definitely take a look (might rent it from Netflix). I like thrash a lot.

Comment

Never heard of that one. I did watch Metal - A Headbanger's Journey that also came out in 2006

Comment

just seen this, and highly recommend it. History told by the bands who where there at the time, and a bit of an eye opener for those who maybe didn`t already know the history of thrash. Mustaine credited as the creator of thrash (yer he says so himself but then he wouldn`t be Dave otherwise, right?) by the big bands of the day.

Films split into several parts, first half covers West Coast, specifically Bay Area, next quarter East Coast and NY, small part on crossover, then onto Euro thrash. Ends on the death of thrash, and the rise of nu/new metal and how thrash is making a comeback back to its roots and underground.

Good watch, think most will enjoy this.

Comment

Nice review wibble, think I'll check it out.

thx

Comment

Thanks wibble for the info. I was curious as to how much it would get into the European scene. Can't wait.

Comment

Euro scene is sadly lacking, theres a shout out to the likes of Kreator, Celtic Frost & Destruction, and a small mention for canadian thrash ala Voivod, Annihilator etc. Docu mainly focuses on Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Suicidial Tendencies & Exodus for obvious reasons, tho theres alot of interviews with other band members both old and new.

Oh forgot to mention, theres a shitload of old jackson/charvels shown in concert footage and a few nice BCR`s too. Worth watching for those alone

www.getthrashed.com

Comment

Larz, a tape trader? He should be jailed............

Comment

yeah its a pretty good video from what i've seen. i watched about 20 mins of it. and tho it says it features all these bands, from what i could tell some are just quick interviews, like couple mins talkin to cory taylor and couple mins talkin to gene hoglan. not as much footage as i was expecting, but like i said i only saw some of it. my singer had it and we watched a little before practice. i shoulda taken it home and finished it.
                  Last edited by jdr94; 09-21-2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                    yeah its a pretty good video from what i've seen. i watched about 20 mins of it. and tho it says it features all these bands, from what i could tell some are just quick interviews, like couple mins talkin to cory taylor and couple mins talkin to gene hoglan. not as much footage as i was expecting, but like i said i only saw some of it. my singer had it and we watched a little before practice. i shoulda taken it home and finished it.
                    Cory Taylor? What's he got to do with thrash?
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                      Cory Taylor? What's he got to do with thrash?
                      nothing and neither does that guy from godsmack ,but theyre in the video talkin bout how thrash influenced them and what not. i know, that doesnt sound like a good video huh? bobby blitz is on it if thats any consolation.

Comment

Or we could actually invest time checking and exploring awesome new metal ..instead of waiting for a compliation of known people talking about bands we already know...
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X