Fuel Saver...WTF?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Saver...WTF?!

how in the heck can anyone get away with selling this snake oil?

SkyMall is an online shopping catalog offering unique and innovative products for home, travel, and leisure. SkyMall provides convenient and fun solutions for creating memorable experiences.

i'm surprised that this is on skymall's site (since they have catalogs on all the major airlines).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Under product details:

Improved fuel consumption for Diesel 5-10%, Gasoline 10-20% and Natural Gas 7.50-15%
    Lowering of greenhouse gases and toxic exhaust emissions
    Increased horsepower and torque
    Improves lubrication of the engine
    Removes engine carbon build up
    Life cycle of 10 years
    Patented technology
    100% satisfaction guarantee. 2 year warranty. MTech Fuel Saver for use with Gasoline Engines Under

My question is "HOW?"
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
      Under product details:

Improved fuel consumption for Diesel 5-10%, Gasoline 10-20% and Natural Gas 7.50-15%
      Lowering of greenhouse gases and toxic exhaust emissions
      Increased horsepower and torque
      Improves lubrication of the engine
      Removes engine carbon build up
      Life cycle of 10 years
      Patented technology
      100% satisfaction guarantee. 2 year warranty. MTech Fuel Saver for use with Gasoline Engines Under

My question is "HOW?"
      By the immense and immeasurable power of wishful thinking.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Same fools that rushed in and bought into all those supplements to make their love tool grow will buy into this shit.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Well you've got to hand it to the Fuel Saver folks...at least *they've* got a plan to make money in this economy!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Forget that scam, here's a guaranteed way to get more gas mileage. Just jack up the rear of your car. Since now you're always going downhill, that means greater fuel economy. HONEST!
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
              forget that scam, here's a guaranteed way to get more gas mileage. Just jack up the rear of your car. Since now you're always going downhill, that means greater fuel economy. Honest!

Comment

These things are such a freaking scam, It's a wonder that there havent been law suits over these contraptions failing to produce.

Having advertisements in a magazine like skymall just adds legitimacy to a product that doesn't deliver.

What a shame.....

-Steve
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

They had a piece on one of our local news channels about some BS device that's supposed to run some of the car's current through a tiny reservoir of water to produce hydrogen by electrolysis, then inject it into the intake manifold. I kept waiting for them to say it ws a BS scam, but they never did. It was like a fucking commercial for the thing, and they even gave out the link to their storefront.

Comment

Didn't Mythbusters prove all of these things are pure crap?
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                      They had a piece on one of our local news channels about some BS device that's supposed to run some of the car's current through a tiny reservoir of water to produce hydrogen by electrolysis, then inject it into the intake manifold. I kept waiting for them to say it ws a BS scam, but they never did. It was like a fucking commercial for the thing, and they even gave out the link to their storefront.
                      It might not be exactly what they aere talking about but people have been doing stuff with hydrogen like that for a while. A shop here in town has kits they've made and will install. It will help gas mileage if done correctly.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                        Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                        It might not be exactly what they aere talking about but people have been doing stuff with hydrogen like that for a while. A shop here in town has kits they've made and will install. It will help gas mileage if done correctly.

HHO generator - google it (also known as brown's gas)
                        Last edited by Jayster; 09-18-2008, 06:51 AM.
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post

Im pretty sure they did

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                            Yes they did.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Did a little reading on the HHO generators, and it seems like the only thing they do is trick the engine into burning a really lean mix, but only at idle and only if you get everything tweaked just right. Most of these things have like an 8 oz. or so water reservoir. How much hydrogen gas can they be producing? To do anything meaningful to propel the car, it takes a big tank of compressed gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X