Anyone have Death Magnet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have Death Magnet?

Is it my copy or is it not the way it was pressed? It clips even at normal levels especially the high ends.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Mine plays fine, no clipping at all. I'd take it back and get a new one
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

It's not just you, everyone is saying the same thing. I think Endrik posted an image of the waveform in the big thread. You can see that it's just fucked.

Comment

Mine skips...
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Master of Mastering Ian Shepherd takes a look at Metallica's latest album on CD and in Guitar Hero and finds that the video game version sounds "better."

This article talks a bit about it, more specifically the clipping and how people are "fixing" it.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Thanks!!!

It's funny Lars bitched about MP3 and they release a shitty audio CD.. and the only way I read about people fixing the issue is download the GHIII MP3's.. NICE.
            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
              Thanks!!!

It's funny Lars bitched about MP3 and they release a shitty audio CD.. and the only way I read about people fixing the issue is download the GHIII MP3's.. NICE.
              Yeah thats what my buddy did and he sent me those versions. They are far superior to the original cd release by Metallica. I cannot believe that they would let it go to market sounding like that. Especially Rubin, you'd think he wouldn't let that happen.

I now have a good copy, and also scored the demos for every song on the new album, and also a live bootleg w/ alot of new material on it.

This new album and the different mixes are spreading like wildfire on the net.
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Interesting related link.

Reminds me of my cassette of Danzig 4. There was all this weird background noise, like a different song playing in the background all the time, making it unbearable to listen to. I thought GD had done some kind of crazy artsy shit on it and buried it in the never-listened to part of the tape case.

Years lateer on Amazon.com I thought I'd read other people's comments about it. Strangely no one mentioned it. I listened to the sample clips and ordered it on CD. My tape was just defective the whole time.
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                X