Wotta week in the markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wotta week in the markets...

That was a roller coaster ride from hell. Whenever the markets crash, I usually get in there and try to buy up more, as it's a great time for it. This past week I did that, but more cautiously than usual. Now of course, I wish I had bought more, looking back. A couple in particular that I hemmed and hawed about were HDFC bank and Sunpower, now I'm kicking myself. Oh well, I got some other stuff pretty cheap.

A very good time to buy into emerging markets, as everyone else is just fleeing them. Great values in the BRIC group right now, esp. midcap stuff.

It is most definitely true, when things are at their darkest in the markets, the most miserable, that is the time to stay calm and buy. Never fails.

Anyone else taking advantage??

yep !!!!!
    I like to buy on sale to.

ati ,jdsu and cnxt are what I picked up ,also upped my 401k contribution
    Last edited by Jayster; 09-21-2008, 10:49 AM.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

we have not seen bottom yet but we sill see the top again in a few years. MIght as well jump in since things are off 30% or whatever the number is...

Comment

I really wish the fed would drop the interest rate a little more though since the wife & I are buying a house very soon.

If you are out of debt and have some moey saved up to play with. NOW is the time to do it.
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

you should have invested in my pud..its like a pork barrel!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            you should have invested in my pud..its like a pork barrel!!!
            Bill , do you work for Lehman ??:ROTF:
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              Bill , do you work for Lehman ??:ROTF:
              No, but he was on SNL last night..he was wearing a pork barrel..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The market should be @ 7-8000 right now, I am pissed. Thanks to our government "rushing to save us from the inevitable", the fall will be from a much higher mountain and no one will learn ever their lesson.

Business as usual, until the election is over if this BS trillion dollar blank check is passed.

It reminds me of things that I never thought I'd see - and is the equivalent of Jar Jar Binks standing up in the senate and saying
                "In response to the direct threat to
                the Republic, meesa propose that the
                Senate give immediately emergency
                powers to the Supreme Chancellor."

It is just as ridiculous, but no one is batting an eye.

It's barely front page news - rushing our gov't to pass a bill on the weekend for a blank check for 1Trillion plus to bale out retards that didn't see this coming and didn't understand their own financial instruments.

Is everyone going to actually swallow this horseshit that "it has to be done" or else?

I would only do this if the dumbass that was supposed to oversee this published an amortization table with the projected date and it's payoff date with the Bill and made every congressman make a local announcement summarizing this information in their district. Think that's going to happen?

Nope.

BTW, there is a killing to made in the weeks ahead, as long as the free market isn't suspended in other ways along the way.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                X