No announcement yet.

Live Cashback thing from the Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sellers don't get it... the 30% has no effect on them. Proves if you're still selling on eBay, you really do need brain scans.

Comment

How long did it take - from the end of the auction - for you guys to get the Ebay message to set up your live account to receive the cashback?

Comment

I set my account up first and then went searching.
          The cash back notification email showed up within an hour or so after hitting the BIN.
          -Rick

Comment

Nearly 24 hours later, and still no Ebay message for my cashback. Followed all of the rules. I've just sent a message to Ebay support for help.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              Nearly 24 hours later, and still no Ebay message for my cashback. Followed all of the rules. I've just sent a message to Ebay support for help.
              I had a message from ebay/live about 5 minutes after I hit buy it now and payed with paypal. Make sure to logon and check you messages on ebay that is where it is sent.

Comment

Yep, did that. More than 24 hours later, still nothing. No response to Ebay help yet, either. I'll freakin' yank my Ebay account if they f**k around with this.

Comment

3 days since I wrote to them - and 4 since I hit the BIN - and still no response from Ebay.

If this doesn't get resolved satisfactorily, I'll be sending the guitar back unopened. Ebay/Live needs to uphold their end of the bargain for this transaction to be done. Otherwise, they'll be dealing with both a pissed off buyer and seller.

Comment

In a very strange and curious turn of events.

My transaction has completed, I got my cashback and it's long been transferred to my bank.
                    But I received an email today from cashback stating...

The seller has reported the item returned.
                    OK

Oddly, it's backdated 1 month ago (the report, not the email)
                    So looking at the history. (the bold text has just recently been 'inserted' into history)

Jull 22, purchase made, cashback earned
                    Sept 10, item returned, cashback cancelled
                    Sept 20, Cashback available
                    Sept 26, cashback transferred from paypal to my bank

So I've fired off an inquiry to cashback.
                    Primarily to confirm, that there has been some discrepancy, and they aren't expecting me to return the $.
                    I still have my guitar, so either the seller is doing something shifty, for what benefit I can't imagine, or the ebay/paypal/cashback accounting system has issues.

Comment

Seems the Cashback is actually coming from the Sellers. Probably why so few are now offering it as an option/incentive. When it first went up, I could find several different dealers offering the max rebate ($250), but now I can't even find dealer listings on Ebay offering the Cashback (one guy with a used Hamer), and there's only one store on Live's search that even mentions Charvels, but they're only doing $909 instead of $999. Wow, what a bargain
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

From the Terms and Conditions
                        Live Search cashback is a program operated by Microsoft Corporation. Cashback Rewards are funded and paid by Microsoft.

Comment

So, what's going on with this.

Are people getting their money as planned?

No fees involved in having a live.com account?

What is the prupose of having a live.com account? What do they get out of this?

Comment

I think people have reported getting their cash back. There are no fees involved. I guess the purpose is to get you in the habit of using live.com to search for items. Right now its 25% on ebay. Ive found a candy red sd1 usa charvel that I could get for around $670 shipped to my door with an skb case. Not too shabby. Ive found that all you have to do is search for anything that will come up with an ebay link through live.com. Once youve reached ebay from the live.com page you can then go find anything on ebay and it will come up with the discount. No need to try and find your exact item through live.com. The discount will show up after you hit the bin button but before you confirm it. I think the max is $200 right now. Its a pretty cool deal.

Comment

Well, I have an MSN account (hotmail EMail), and when I hit the LOGIN on live.com, it signs me in, so I guess I have an account then?

So, takes like 60 days to get money back?

I have a purchase that is showing it will take it. Debating, as this would make or break the purchase.

Comment

I purchased a Boss BR-1600CD on October 12 that qualified for cash back. It was used. Only requirements seemed to be using the appropriate cash back search link and to use BIN for the purchase. So I did.

Money is showing in my cash back account as $200 being available on December 10.
                                Last edited by T@rgetDrone; 10-27-2008, 12:58 AM. Reason: Doh!
                                In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X